Company: Lhoist North America
Posted on: May 16, 2020
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
A strong team member will perform duties including but not limited
loading railcars and trucks in a timely and efficient manner. Team
member will be responsible for cleanup in loadout area to maintain
a good working environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Medical/Dental Insurance Benefits start on Day 1
Retirement plan offering a competitive company match and an
additional company contribution starting at 4%
Vacation and Holidays
or call Karen at 254-675-1519
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
Demonstrate the ability to maintain a smooth and efficient flow of
truck and rail
* Prior to loading product, inspect truck trailers and railcars to
ensure they are free from containments.
* Ensure different product types are distributed into the
appropriate trucks/rail cars and the proper weight is loaded for
* Familiar with different silo product types.
* Complete bill of lading for truck and rail shipments.
* Maintain accurate silo inventory measurements.
* Participate in company-sponsored training and certification
* Training of new employees on equipment related to load out
* Cross train in other areas as needed.
* Troubleshoot and maintain variable speed drives.
Maintenance and quality control
* Keep rail and truck scales clean.
* Responsible for maintaining a water free environment from rail
pit and scales.
* Ability to make minor adjustments to load-out related
* Complete daily equipment check reports.
* Assist daily in plant cleanup of production areas.
* Must be well versed on all aspects of safety.
* Comply with company, state, and governmental health and safety
regulations at all times.
* Complete and document Workplace Inspections in a timely
* Perform all assigned work adhering to Company and governmental
safety rules and regulations, including company lock out tag out
* Ability to operate heavy equipment including shuttle wagon, front
end loader, forklift, bobcat, and tractor in a safe manner.
Must be willing to perform any other assigned tasks not
Assist Shipping Coordinator as needed.
* Industrial background with good troubleshooting skills.
* Knowledgeable of current environmental regulations and practices
as they relate to the lime industry.
* Must be able perform basic mathematical computations.
* Must be able to work shift work, seven days a week including
holidays and be flexible to schedule changes.
* Must have a telephone and be open to call-outs.
* Demonstrate effective decision making skills regarding
* Tolerate working outside in severe weather conditions as well as
exposure to high temperatures, noise, and dust.
* Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 200
feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing
* Able to lift over 50 pounds.
* Able to open and close latches for doors on shipping containers,
ie. Truck and railcars
* Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as work
orders, bill of ladings, safety rules, standard operating
procedures, maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
* Effectively communicate and interact with supervisors, peers,
external truck drivers, and dispatchers with the ability to
multi-task and stay calm under pressure.
* Ability to operate computers and related controls.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package
including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, 401K, and vacation.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: Lhoist North America, Austin , Shipper, Other , Burnet, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!