Sterile Proc Tech Full Time Evenings
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Sterile Processing Tech Non Certified - Central Texas Medical
Location Address: 1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666
Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos,
* Be part of a team dedicated to providing Texas Hill Country
residents with the best medical care possible, as evident by CTMC
being named a Center of Excellence for bariatric surgery, knee
replacements and primary stroke care by The Joint Commission.
* CTMC's highest priority is the safety of its patients and staff.
Recently, CTMC was the recipient of the Premier Hospital
Improvement Innovation Network (HIIN) Excellence in Patient Safety
Across the Board Award and is a five-time recipient of the Leapfrog
Group's 'A' for patient safety.
* In back-to-back years, CTMC has received the American Heart
Association/American Stroke Association's Get with the Guidelines--
Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award, recognizing the
hospital's commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most
* Located near colleges and universities to expand your career by
offering tuition reimbursement. Just one of the perks of the
extraordinary benefits package.
* CTMC's CREATION Health Institute was created to provide
information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize
a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease
management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy
living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public
for free or a minimal fee.
* CTMC is a proud member of the AdventHealth System.
Full Time / Evenings
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Maintains an active relationship with all customers by:
* Assessing their needs,
* Responding to customer needs in a courteous manner,
* Maintaining confidentiality, and
* Referring customer to the appropriate staff or department to
* Is able to disassemble all instrumentation for cleaning purposes
and examination of designated function.
* Is able to determine if an instrument is in need of being milked
* Is able to determine if a given product is sterile by:
* Observing the load log record,
* Observing and interpreting the autoclave tape (computer tape on
* Observing and interpreting the gravity steam temperature graph
* Understanding and reading the biological testing results and
* Observing the packaging autoclave tape,
* Observing the integrity of the package.
* Has a working knowledge of OSHA and AAMI standards for
decontamination, cleaning and sterilization processes.
* Wears personal protective apparel during decontamination
processes, both for instrumentation and for work area.
* Processes all instrumentation, new or opened during a case,
through the process of decontamination, cleaning and
* Understands the theory between infection and cross
* Cleans and disinfects all durable equipment between patients.
Durable equipment is defined as
* AVI pumps
* SCD pumps
* PCA pumps
* Enteral Feeding pumps
* Crash Carts
* Intubation kits
* IV Poles
* Mattress box pumps
* Plexi pulse pump
What You Will Need:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Six months to a year or related experience and/or training in
hospital or central sterile environment preferred.
* Must hold a current certificate in BLS from the AHA.
To demonstrate and practice a general understanding of:
2. Principals and theory of sterilization,
3. Operating procedure of steam and Sterrad sterilizers,
4. Fundamentals of:
* processing and
* wrapping of reusable items for sterilization,
5. Infection control and Isolation.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Austin , Sterile Proc Tech Full Time Evenings, Other , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!