Commercial Contract and Rebate Specialist
Company: Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc
Posted on: January 17, 2020
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health
and well-being of people around the world. We are a global
healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines
for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals
with the tools, information and services they need to deliver
expert medical care.Headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, Grifols has
over 20.000 employees in 30 countries. Grifols three main divisions
- Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital - develop, manufacture and
market innovative products and services available in more than 100
countries.A leader in transfusion medicine, the Diagnostic Division
is a global business focused on providing innovative solutions to
help ensure the safety of the blood and plasma supply, detect human
diseases and monitor therapies. The division advances patient care
with diagnostic solutions to improve disease detection and
management, and simplify laboratory operations.Summary:The purpose
of this position is to administer, implement and coordinate all
Grifols Therapeutics formal and informal bids, contracts and/or
rebates for all commercial business. This includes but is not
limited to, Hospital, GPO, Distributor, and Physician classes of
trade. In order to secure sales for the success of Grifols, the
business must be able to establish both contracts and rebates into
a system of record and maintain all activities associated with this
business practice.Primary responsibilities:
- Coordinate the receipt, processing and follow up of all Grifols
guideline, custom, or formal bid contracts to ensure all terms and
conditions, pricing and deadlines are met.
- Responsible for the thorough review of all bids and/or rebates
making certain that they are in compliance with all regulations set
forth by Grifols and that all submitted account data is
- Daily maintenance and input of accurate information into the
CARS/IS system for all contracts
- Send out pricing information to wholesalers and accounts on
awarded contracts to ensure accurate pricing and create pricing
grids for possession taking accounts when new contracts are set up
in the system. Send out pricing grids to wholesalers for loading
into their systems.
- Coordinate with Sales and Marketing Departments regarding
revisions to existing contract proposals. Develop and maintain
statistical and activity reports pertaining to bids, contracts, and
customer sales activity for evaluating competitive pricing
- Communicate with all field sales force, internal and external
customers by providing feedback on all open issues.
- Administer the calculation and processing of all contract
related rebates. Administer and maintain the appropriate rebate
system to ensure accurate and timely payments. Included, is the
timely input of all data necessary to validate and process State
Medicaid Program Rebates for payment.
- Initiate reports to validate contract sales and/or dividend
reimbursements which are based on actual sales account
- Responsible for administering performance rebates and daily
maintenance and input of accurate information into the computer
rebate system for all hospital buying group contracts.
- Implement the training and cross training of clerical support
following established procedures to ensure all necessary
documentation has been validated to properly execute
contract/rebates. Training includes the entry of contractual data
into the CARS/IS and/or the appropriate rebate systems.
- Design and maintain a user reference manual for
- Responsible for corresponding with many levels of personnel and
customers through letters, memos and other written and oral
- Assist with special projects as required and assigned.
- Incumbent will interact with Account Managers and field sales
force to ensure a complete and accurate contract is in place
- Incumbent will interact with the legal department to ensure
contract language and contract terms are compliant with both
government and Grifols policies.
- Incumbent will interact with financial analysts to ensure
proper negotiations for the contracting process are handled in a
- Incumbent will interact with external customers to ensure
accurate information is shared between contracting party and
- Incumbent will interact closely with Government Medicaid
Contract Administrator for processing the data for preparation of
validation of State Medicaid Program Rebates.Position Requirements:
- A BA or BS degree in a related discipline
- 2+ years general business experience - experience in a contract
or contract related environment preferred.
- Must possess business, legal, and regulatory knowledge, as well
as, knowledge of the competitive environment as it relates to bids
- The position requires sound mathematical skills and must be
proficient in personal computer skills including Microsoft Office,
Word, Excel, and experienced with contract/rebate tracking systems.
CARS/IS and Micro Strategy experience a plus.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
Incumbent must be able to work independently without detailed
instructions.Learn more about Grifols Req ID: 100530Type: Regular
Full-TimeJob Category: Sales/Sales Operations
Keywords: Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc, Austin , Commercial Contract and Rebate Specialist, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!