Application Support Engineer
Posted on: January 16, 2020
KLDiscovery, one of the largest national eDiscovery providers, is
currently seeking an Application Support Engineer for our Austin,
Texas office. This role requires someone with exceptional technical
knowledge and outstanding people skills. It requires the ability to
provide outstanding levels of service in a fast moving, constantly
changing and flexible environment. The ideal candidate will have a
minimum of 2-5 years of proven success in enterprise application
support and customer service. A technical understanding of
hardware, software, development and production support
methodologies is desired.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Application
Support, the Application Support Engineer will have the following
* Interact closely with Operations, Project Managers, and Client
Support to understand needs and develop requirements in order to
implement and support customer facing applications.
* Plan and perform application upgrades, evaluate and install
patches and resolve application related problems.
* Investigate and troubleshoot issues by determining root cause to
remediate application issues and develop proactive measures to
prevent future occurrences.
* Centrally document, track, and monitor known application issues
to ensure a timely resolution.
* Adhere to change management procedures, including review,
coordination, communication, implementation and follow-up
procedures as they relate to KLDiscovery/Client expectations and
industry standard best practices.
* Demonstrate the ability to work in a highly visible, fast paced
environment with minimal supervision and major responsibility.
* Serve as point of escalation, guidance, training, and mentoring
to Client Support and others as needed.
* Stay up-to-date with application best practices, relevant
certifications where appropriate to drive maximum performance and
* Centrally document systems designs, configurations, and
troubleshooting guidance by writing and diagraming relevant
information and creating FAQs/environmental handbooks/Known
* Communicate updates and issues in a direct and timely manner via
all communication modalities and in accordance with all applicable
* Meet or exceed completion dates and requirements of projects and
* Provide technical guidance/support, documentation and processes
to internal clients for:
* Mass migrations
* Mass acquisitions
* Email archive environments
* Assist internal clients with other messaging systems as
* Assist with other IT tasks as required/assigned.
* Maintain a general understanding of our industry and trends and a
thorough understanding of all company products and services and
* Require a bachelor's degree in a Computer Science (or equivalent
experience), with at least 4 years of experience in IT or
* 2-5 years of experience with enterprise application support and
* A proven ability to implement appropriate enterprise
methodologies that ensure effective management of technical risk,
smooth integration of products and dependencies, and system
* Experience with E-Discovery applications such as Relativity,
Veritas, Summation, LAW EnCase and/or Nuix
* Experience with enterprise backup solutions such as Comvault,
Veeam and/or Netbackup
* Experience with enterprise archive solutions such as Veritas,
Proofpoint, ZipLip and/or HubStor desired
SPECIAL SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE
* Has knowledge of commonly-used customer support concepts,
practices, and procedures
* Strong customer service focus
* Understanding of SQL Administration and ETL (Extract, Transform
and Load) concepts, tools and repositories
* Windows and Linux server administration experience desired
* A friendly and welcoming team-oriented environment
* Opportunities for career advancement and growth
* Casual dress
* Great location
* Medical/Dental/Vision benefits as well as company provided Life
Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability
* Paid Time Off
* 401k retirement savings plan with company match
* Tuition assistance
OUR CULTURAL VALUES
Entrepreneurs at heart, we are a customer first team sharing one
goal and one vision. We seek team members who are:
* Humble - No one is above another, we all work together to meet
our clients needs and we acknowledge our own weaknesses
* Hungry - We all are driven internally to be successful and to
continually expand our contribution and impact
* Smart - We use emotional intelligence when working with one
another and with clients
Our culture shapes our actions, our products, and the relationships
we forge with our customers. It helps us stand out in an
ever-increasing crowd of providers. It is special and it is unique.
It is KLDiscovery.
WHO WE ARE
KLDiscovery is a leader in eDiscovery management solutions,
providing end-to-end legal and technology consulting services to
AmLaw 200 law firms, Fortune 500 corporations, and government
agencies. Established in 2005 and headquartered in McLean, VA,
KLDiscovery built its reputation as a leader in eDiscovery and
customer satisfaction with a culture of client first and success
through teamwork and humility. The company has 43 offices in 20
countries, 12 data centers and 14 data recovery labs around the
KLDiscovery is one of the fastest growing companies in North
America as recognized by both Inc. Magazine (Inc. 5000) and
Deloitte (Deloitte Technology Fast 500), and our President, Chris
Weiler, is an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 Award
Winner. KLDiscovery is an Orange-level Relativity Best in Service
Partner and its data centers are ISO/IEC 27001-certified as well as
HIPAA, GLB and EU Privacy Shield compliant.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing
company and department objectives and is not intended, and should
not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job.
Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from
particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
KLDiscovery is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: KLDiscovery, Austin , Application Support Engineer, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!