Principal Systems Development Engineer
Posted on: January 16, 2020
The Dell EMC Extreme Scale Infrastructure (ESI) division is an
organization that was formed about ten years ago. - Originally
empowered to bring custom-design servers and data centers for a
small number of world-class companies who are on the leading edge
of IT innovation, ESI has grown in responsibility and importance to
Dell EMC, now serving dozens of Dell EMC's largest customers,
providing everything from full-up custom design to minor tweaks of
existing product. - As ESI begins its second decade of existence,
the focus has grown beyond the pure hyperscale market and into
large-scale telco carriers, service providers, Edge computing and
more. - ESI partners with its customers to meet these challenges
with optimized products, services, and solutions.This role will be
part of a team of highly motivated engineers and architects who are
responsible for customer-solution engineering and platform
development for ESI. - The System Architect will be responsible for
working directly with customers, sales, marketing and other
engineering organizations within Dell EMC, and technology suppliers
to define and design the targeted customer available products as
well as understand and solve technical problems facing these ESI
customers.Duties will include gathering customer requirements/pain
points, creating architectural and design specifications, running
workload performance benchmarks and working with other Dell
architectural organizations to ensure optimal product design and
leverage across Dell EMC businesses. - The Technologist will have
responsibility leading technology investigations, performing
competitive analysis of industry capabilities, investigating
software options that complement ESI hardware to create complete
solutions, and developing recommendations for product strategy.
-The role also includes building direct relationship with the
customer and in collaboration with customer focused core team
support to provide a solution to the customer's requirements.
- New product development driving external and internal
development teams to approve design proposals, develop program
schedules, set and manage cost targets, plan development tasks and
define and execute comprehensive test plans.
- Direct and strong customer engagement during and post product
- Support the tracking and driving to closure of critical product
defects during development and those discovered in the field.
- Generate feasibility studies of system level concepts with
pros/cons of platform choices in AI/ML/DL, Telco 5G and IoT/Edge
- Develop long-term technical relationships with the vendor base
for the core technology or solutions. The relationships should
create a technical interface, driving those requirements into next
generation vendor offerings.
- Identify and develop differentiation and/or solution
opportunities, provide technical information and make
recommendations to marketing, procurement, engineering, customers,
and business executives. -
- Participate and lead strategic initiatives for improvements in
process, quality, and cost.
- Work cross-functionally with other technical leaders, key
suppliers and solution partners.
- Generate intellectual property and support Dell's legal team by
providing technical support on intellectual property disputes.
- 5% Domestic travel to client sitesQualifications
- Experience with new product development life cycle and driving
cross-functional development efforts from concept to planning to
development is required. -
- Experience with Intel / AMD system architecture and debug,
Analog and digital -design, High speed bus interface design, Signal
integrity analysis, CPLD / FPGA design, High speed PCB layout
design, Operating systems and Enterprise level Server System
Management is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, setting
priorities and managing to committed schedules in an independent
- Demonstrated ability to create architecture specifications and
drive design for new solutions and feature implementation. -
- Experienced with prototyping architectural concepts.
- Experience running performance comparisons utilizing industry
standard benchmarks and application specific tests.
- Knowledge of server architecture, system level design
engineering, rack-level and datacenter-level network design,
network function virtualization, and an understanding of shared
- System Architecture experience required with industry knowledge
of server application workloads and how hardware components -and
architecture affect workload performance and/or optimization.
- Direct customer engagement experience is preferred but not
- Experience in AI/ML/DL and experience with Tensorflow or other
deep learning / machine learning framework and libraries is
preferred but not required.
- Experience in Enterprise level Server System Management is
preferred but not required.
- 10+ years of system engineering experience with BSEE/BSCE/BSCS
or 8+ years of system engineering experience with MSEE/MSCE/MSCS or
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class
benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities -
all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you would thrive in a combined hardware and software design
function, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity
for all employees and to providing employees with a work
environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment
decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and
individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion
or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including
pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV
Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or
present military service, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based
on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and
Inclusion at Dell -here.
Keywords: Dell, Austin , Principal Systems Development Engineer, Other , Leander, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!