Posted on: February 15, 2019
As the world's number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Our Legal team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
The Corporate Counsel - Product is a confident and articulate individual with the ability to independently analyze and make decisions in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing Indeed's products for compliance with worldwide laws and regulations and offering legal risk mitigation strategies across multiple jurisdictions. Under the direction of the General Counsel and senior corporate counsels, the Corporate Counsel - Product will be responsible for providing advice on Indeed's global products, services, features, platforms and initiatives, drafting terms of service and assisting in compliance matters. You are tech savvy, possess strong project and people management skills, and are accustomed to working with people all over the world. We are seeking a self-starter who thrives in a fun but results-oriented work environment, and is passionate about problem-solving while showing great attention to detail.
- Review and analyze global products for compliance with laws and regulations; work with the Product team and legal analysts on these issues
- Review proposed projects, initiatives, features or services for the Indeed product, engineering and other business teams across many subject areas including state and federal background check laws, consumer protection laws, data protection laws and other related regulatory regimes
- Work on ad hoc legal compliance projects, including but not limited to, new policies, trainings, templates and processes
- Remain up-to-date on legal/regulatory updates affecting the company and help implement these updates
- Work in close partnership with various other departments such as HR, Accounting, Finance, Product, Engineering, International Business Operations and others, to help identify and answer legal needsThis position will report directly to our Senior US Corporate Counsel
- J.D. required
- Member in good standing of any US state bar
- Minimum of 3 years experience practicing law
- An understanding of the US regulatory regime in the HR Tech sphere: FCRA or other background check laws, Data Privacy laws, the TCPA, the Wiretap Act, the Stored Communications Act, and other similar regulatory regimes and how those laws interact with web-based services
- Ability to quickly learn and master new areas of law and tech
- Flexible, well-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced internet and technology environment
- Ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to provide samples of workPreferred
- Experience in a high range of legal disciplines like consumer protection, privacy and data protection, and other technology-related laws
- Privacy experience highly preferred
- Technology or HR Tech litigation experience highly preferred
- Product review experience
- In-house counsel experienceHow to Apply
We value attention to detail. To apply:
- Please submit your resume and cover letterIn your cover letter:
- List 3 factors/risks you would consider when evaluating whether Indeed should release a new product in the United States
- Explain why you want to work at Indeed
- Explain how pay-per-click advertising works and its benefitsIndeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs. View our bounty of perks:  
To view Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms please click  here Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, business, company, corporate attorney, counsel, internal, legal, legal affairs, market
Keywords: Indeed, Austin , Product Counsel, Legal , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!