Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: October 11, 2018
Job ID: 274387 Senior Attorney Austin, Texas Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Seniorr Attorney City, State: Austin, TX Location: TXAUS 1345 Philomena Street Department: MWF Austin Additional Job Details: FT Days About Us Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization. Job Description Job Summary: The Senior Attorney based in Austin serves as a legal advisor for multiple Ascension holdings throughout the state of Texas. The Senior Attorney will provide direction, guidance, and assistance on transactions, joint ventures and various complex agreements. Responsibilities:
- Experience with various transactions, joint ventures, complex agreements and other business arrangements.
- Supports governance activities for the ministry markets within the region as assigned, including review of governance documents and serving as counsel to boards and/or committees.
- Leads complex legal matters and services for ministry markets within the Texas region.
- Collaborates with legal practice area team leads, attorneys and the Shared Services Group to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of legal services.
- Advances the implementation of policies and procedures in the ministry markets within the Texas region.
- Collaborates with the Compliance and Risk functions in the delivery of legal services to provide legal advice and counsel.
- Juris Doctorate required Work Experience:
- Ten years as a licensed practicing attorney required.
- Experience with various transactions, joint ventures, complex agreements and other business arrangements. Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Austin , Senior Attorney, Legal , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!