Office Administrator (Legal)
Company: KJM Staffing Solutions LLC
Posted on: November 22, 2021
KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for an Office
Administrator with our large, global law firm client. The
successful candidate will have at least 10-years of law office
human resources experience and a PHR or SCHRM-CP certification is
preferred. This role offers a competitive base salary, bonus and
great growth potential.
- Collaborates with Office Managing Partner, Human Resources
Staff, and other Office Administrators to ensure consistent
practices/procedures with the other offices of the Firm.
- Continually reviews staffing levels to maintain effective
secretarial staffing ratios while consistently measuring service
levels to ensure the highest degree of service is being provided to
- Assists with reviewing and monitoring paralegal usage and
workflow as needed.
- Handles all aspects of staff supervision, including recruiting
for select office staff positions, managing workflow, assisting
with planning to cover vacancies to ensure service levels are
maintained, completing new hire paperwork and onboarding tasks in a
timely manner, conducting exiting interviews as needed, handling
exiting tasks, preparing and conducting salary/performance reviews,
reviewing and approving timecards, and other HR-related activities
- Assist with integrating new attorneys, including lateral
partners, into the Firm; and for departures, completing attorney
- Collaborates with HR to resolve employee relations issues and
conduct employee performance meetings and disciplinary action
- Prepares office event budget as well as assisting facilities
with office facilities budget, provides monthly variance reports
and various financial reporting. Processes all office-related
invoices within approved budget guidelines.
- Collaborates with the IT and Training departments to address
and meet the technical needs of the office, including training new
hires, local phone programming and other required IT support.
- Provides practice support to various departments in the office
by working with the partners and other attorneys on staffing,
technical and procedural needs relating to the individual
- Assists with facilities related tasks such as service calls as
needed, coordinating carpet cleaning, and other general office
- Assists with planning construction and renovation projects and
space planning; manages office assignments and relocations, liaise
with landlord, oversees office services (mail/copy centers) to
ensure office needs/service levels are met. Maintains and updates
floorplans and artwork utilizing the StaffMap program.
- Maintains business continuity/disaster preparedness and
recovery plan for office.
- Coordinates office functions, social events and charitable
- Ensures content for office page on Intranet is accurate and up
- Provides general leadership, motivation, acknowledgement,
guidance, counseling and strives to ensure strong communication and
high morale at all levels. Attendance at staff meetings and various
Firmwide administrative meetings. Establishes annual objectives for
the office and ensures achievement. Maintains membership in
Association of Legal Administrators (ALA) and attends regular
meetings to obtain knowledge in order to stay abreast of industry
- Manages other duties, tasks and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience as a supervisor or manager of
office administration in legal or professional services
- Experience dealing with human resources issues and knowledge of
federal and local labor and employment laws.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including interpersonal,
supervisory and team-building skills.
- Solid planning and organizational skills, including
demonstrated ability to manage multiple diverse projects
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact
effectively with all levels of Firm personnel.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated diplomatic tact and consensus building
- Solid working knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2010
(including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Outlook.
Keywords: KJM Staffing Solutions LLC, Austin , Office Administrator (Legal), Legal , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!