Senior Software UI Engineer - Push Payments
Company: Visa Inc.
Posted on: October 13, 2019
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's
mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable
and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and
economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network,
VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world,
and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a
second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid
growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of
a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from
analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people,
network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you
an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth,
and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global
team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who
are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of
the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing
meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce
to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's
transform the way the world pays.
Visa UX is looking for a Senior Software UI Engineer to join our
team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and
inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users
interact with our applications and products. All of our team
members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who
make every UX decision an informed one. We value hard work,
accountability and collaboration and look for proven skills over
big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing
individual strengths, and values each contributor as a key factor
in successfully delivering a project. If you understand "Yes, and"
over "No" this is the team for you.
In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, software
engineers and product owners to build pixel perfect layouts, user
interface components, and single page applications for a variety of
websites and applications. You will work on a very agile team and
be expected to context shift quickly between projects.
- Build engaging, usable, and accessible UI
applications/components/code libraries for web - in the form of
- Analyze existing software for Usability and Accessibility
issues and provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and
developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering and
introduce them into projects when appropriate
- Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices and Accessibility
- Fielding inquiries and requests for support from
- Work with Visa UX leadership team to attract, build, and
maintain an engaged team of UX professionals across the globe
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an
Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Bachelor degree in CS, MIS, UX or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience required
and/or React (Required)
- Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts and UI components
using Angular or React (required)
- Experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST
- Experience with one server-side web application framework and
language like Ruby/Rails, C#/ASP.Net, JS/NodeJS, etc.
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals
involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes,
and HTML Prototypes (Required)
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving
skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Web Standards and Accessibility Best Practices (Required)
- Ability to analyze written requirements and visually
conceptualize the user interface and application flows
- Knowledge of Adobe products (Required)
- Responsive Design Principles (Required)
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available
during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel
for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an
office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and
stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently
operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and
computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and
applicable local law.
Keywords: Visa Inc., Austin , Senior Software UI Engineer - Push Payments, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!