Cloud Systems Administrator
Posted on: September 19, 2019
We are hiring a Cloud Systems Administrator to support, configure,
and build our SaaS offerings. You will be troubleshooting and
administering multiple environments including performance and
quality of disaster recovery. You will support all aspects of the
technical infrastructure by troubleshooting system configuration,
installation, and other technical issues. This involves review of
technical designs/information, automating processes through
scripting, installation and configuration of software, and
validation of technical environments.
This position will also be responsible for the documentation of new
and existing environments and validation of all key technical
components. The selected candidate will be expected to interact
with Servers, Databases, SaaS products, Security, and various
groups within Information Technology.
Candidate must have strong server, network, communication, and
This is an ideal role for a self-motivated professional with
passion for technology and creative problem solving.
- Deploy, operate, and support cloud infrastructure primarily
utilizing AWS but also GCP
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance, security, and
availability of several applications based on business requirements
and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural
- Ensure production level systems are running at all times and
have multiple levels of redundancy to meet committed SLAs.
- Applies professional-level technical skill and judgement to
provide non-routine technical support for production operations to
drive optimal performance, reliability, redundancy, and scale.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Zenoss' products
- Document environment topology and installation details
- Automation of tasks using scripting and configuration
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve technical
- Troubleshoot network performance issues, perform intrusion
monitoring, and maintain a disaster recovery procedures.
- Plan for, and recommend, expansion of capacity and upgrades,
patches, and new applications and equipment when necessary.
- Participation in the development of information technology and
- Document and thoroughly understand the application architecture
and system configuration across platforms
- Determine the root cause of an outage, duration, and
recommendations or steps to resolve issues
- Provide 24x7 support for all network and server systems that
are pivotal to production.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 3-6 years of professional hands-on experience with Cloud
- Strong scripting skills and demonstrated ability to automate
tasks. (SaltStack and Python preferred)
- Strong understanding of networking, firewalls, load balancers,
- Experience using and supporting Amazon Web Services required,
Google Cloud Platform a plus.
- Experience with database (MySQL) and web server technology
(Apache, Tomcat, IIS, etc.) a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details
- Ability to proactively communicate detailed status to customer
and project team
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
- Ability to make sound decisions based on customer needs and
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work after hours including weekends and night when
required with occasional travel
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without current or
No relocation is available for this role.
No 3rd party candidates.
Keywords: Zenoss, Austin , Cloud Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!