Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Company: Cubic Corporation
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Cubic Global Defense
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for
government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to
solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of
payment and information technology and services for intelligent
travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic
combat training systems, secure communications and networking and
highly specialized support services for military and security
forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an
entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we
want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking
employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of
hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect.
We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives,
specifications and resource needs. Prepares design specifications,
analyses and recommendations.
* Takes day to day direction from Program Management and acts as a
supporting function to the P&L organization.
* Participates in the design, development, planning modification
and/or improvement of software systems in accordance with Cubic
* Researches programming system failures and designs and programs
solutions. Performs complex analysis of design programming.
* Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs,
specifications and test plans for systems and advanced technology
theory and knowledge.
* Coordinates and contributes to compilation and writing of
proposal documents. Prepares design proposals to reflect cost,
schedules and technical approaches.
* Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment.
Defines test schedules and test data requirements. Test and
* Prepares and develops software, codes software and design
* Maintains liaison with the customers, coordinators,
subcontractors and vendor representatives.
* Conducts in-House design reviews and technical meetings. Makes
presentations before management and customers.
* Monitors project status and progress and measure system
* Keeps abreast of improvements in software engineering. Identifies
software engineering process improvement and supports the execution
of them across the organization.
* Provides mentorship to junior engineering staff.
* Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum of five years of embedded software engineering
* Experience to include specification, design and development of
* Proficiency using programming C and C++
* Preferred experience creating 3GPP complaint services
* Low power design and implementation experience
* Prefer experience implementing cyber-secure mobile devices and
* Ability to develop software targeting Linux and Android, from
device driver to application level
* Experience selecting technologies through trade analysis
* Experience designing and implementing embedded systems software
* Proficient in using lab equipment and debugging tools such as
oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and mltimeters
* Experience using automated test suites for embedded applications
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Able to analyze and solve complex software engineering
* Able to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under
deadline and budget guidelines
* Will be required to travel domestically and internationally to
include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties,
responsibilities and requirements may change over time and
according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer,
We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination
based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic
information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected
by applicable law
Keywords: Cubic Corporation, Austin , Sr. Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!