Systems Administrator III
Company: Texas A&M University
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Job TitleSystems Administrator IIIAgencyTexas A&M
UniversityDepartmentDivision Of Information TechnologyProposed
Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCollege Station, TexasJob
The Systems Administrator III, functions as a lead system
administrator for a complex systems software development and
service deployment project and provides technical support in
developing, maintaining, installing, and using operating systems or
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Five years of systems administration experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
Other Requirements or Other Factors:
- Must be available after hours and during holidays.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Degree in computing related field.
- Five years' experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Five years' experience with DDI systems, Infoblox
- An in depth understanding of DNS and DHCP. Experience with
Ansible, Python and other automation langue's/tools.
- Experience with Docker and VM's.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- ITIL Foundations, PMP.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills in project management, mentoring, negotiation skills,
basic vendor relations, advanced client relations, proposal
writing, business acumen, persuasive communication, adaptability to
change, team leadership, and quality assurance methodologies.
- Provides technical guidance and oversight for server
administration. Sets-up and configures large and complex servers.
Develops complex system logic and configuration. Conducts complex
server performance analyses and tuning. Coordinates routine audits
of systems and software.
- Oversees and coordinates the analysis of system logs. Helps
coordinate and monitors the problem management process to include
backup support. Troubleshoots complex system problems. Provides
Tier III support.
- Provides technical oversight for the development of plans for
large server hardware and software purchases. Develops
specifications and plans for large and complex purchases of server
- Oversees the process used to document server support methods,
procedures, and configuration.
- Coordinates the evaluation of new technologies. Makes
recommendations based on the evaluation of new technologies for
their applicability to the client's needs. Creates, evaluates, and
approves plans for the implementation of new technology deployments
and system integration testing.
- Oversees the maintenance of system security, and for protecting
and recovering client data. Develops disaster recovery plans for
- Collaborates with the project leader to develop work plans and
time schedules for projects including outlining phases and
identifying personnel and computing equipment requirements.
- May coordinate the technical activities of a project team.
Completes reports and summaries for management and/or users
including status reports, problem reports, progress summaries, and
system utilization reports.
- Serves as a senior member of an information resource team
responsible for setting technical direction. Performs all or some
of the duties of a Senior Systems Administrator.
- Participates in training and professional development sessions.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions: A cover letter, resume, and contact
information for three professional references (to include at least
one previous supervisor) are strongly recommended. You may upload
all three on the application under CV/Resume.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M
University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data
entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job
application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid
submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants
to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.Apply now
Keywords: Texas A&M University, Austin , Systems Administrator III, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!