Company: Ultra Electronics Advanced Tactical Systems
Posted on: August 18, 2019
POSITION: Network Administrator
JOB ID: 254
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Apply for this Position
* Under general supervision, manages, maintains, and administers
the Company s electronic infrastructure, including computers,
telephones, and associated connectivity mechanisms. Creates and
configures new facilities to meet current needs as required. This
is a staff-level position involved in assessing program/project
effectiveness and investigating or analyzing a variety of unusual
conditions, problems, or questions.
* Provides desktop end-user support.
* Performs server maintenance procedures.
* Performs phone system maintenance.
* Makes recommendations on hardware and software purchases.
* Provides remote user support on desktop, phone, and server
* Associate s degree, trade school, or certification
* 5+ years of related systems support experience including:
* Windows Group Policy Management
* Cisco Firewall
* Administering MS SQL Databases
* Ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may
only be granted to U.S. citizens.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Thorough knowledge of computer software, hardware, and operating
systems; knowledge of workstations, servers, and peripheral
* Experience with NIST 800-171 and/or ISO 27001 compliance
* Experience with Linux
* Willing to recognize moderately complex problems and take
responsibility for resolving them.
* Willingness to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
* Skill in maintaining positive relations with others, both inside
and outside the Organization, and obtaining cooperation
* Skill in studying, analyzing, and interpreting complex activities
and information in order to refine and improve products or known
practices or develop new approaches to solving complex issues
* Skill in troubleshooting hardware, software, server, and computer
* Frequently required to use manual dexterity
* Works in an office environment requiring brief periods of heavy
muscular effort or exertion
* Works on a computer, requiring the ability to view a monitor for
long periods of time
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential
function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
Advanced Tactical Systems is a leading supplier of tactical command
and control systems, communication gateways, data fusion and
display systems. It also provides software based applications that
deliver enhanced situational awareness in military command,
control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and
reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security,
energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a
portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly
differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic,
mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical
environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance,
health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a
THIS CONTRACTOR AND SUBCONTRACTOR SHALL ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS
OF 41 CFR 60 1.4(A), 60 300.5(A) AND 60 741.5(A). THESE REGULATIONS
PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS BASED ON
THEIR STATUS AS PROTECTED VETERANS OR INDIVIDUALS WITH
DISABILITIES, AND PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ALL INDIVIDUALS
BASED ON THEIR RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION,
GENDER IDENTITY OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. MOREOVER, THESE REGULATIONS
REQUIRE THAT COVERED PRIME CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS TAKE
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE IN EMPLOYMENT INDIVIDUALS
WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION,
GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation
for any part of the application process, please email
Keywords: Ultra Electronics Advanced Tactical Systems, Austin , Network Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!