Senior IoT Software Engineer - Arm Pelion Edge
Company: Arm Holding
Posted on: August 16, 2019
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job DescriptionArm Pelion Edge is one of the key platforms from Arm
that enables IoT deployments to effectively build, deploy and
manage a myriad of IoT devices. Pelion Edge lets you connect
existing legacy devices that use protocols such as BACNet, Modbus
and Zigbee, Non-IP based devices such as Bluetooth LE, and resource
constrained devices to Pelion Device Management Cloud and you can
manage them and their resources remotely and locally. And using the
Edge Management API you can build applications running in Edge
gateways that can manage connected devices and run edge computing
applications for processing the information collected from the
Arm is building a strong team of software engineers to build Arm's
Pelion Edge computing platform. Do you care about writing software
for Pelion Edge platform which will enable the IoT revolution?
In our group, you will have the opportunity to use your passion to
build the future of IoT, using various development tools and
frameworks, ensure the quality of the Edge solution upon which
millions of IoT nodes and devices will be managed for many years
after deployment. You will work with the rest of our engineering
team and partners ensuring our customers and developer community
are successful using our open-source services and development
tools. You will also have opportunity to work in a cross-site team
of excellent engineers with a real passion for technology.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will be part of a team which designs and develops Pelion
Edge features and frameworks using C/C++, Go languages.
- You will closely work with product managers and software
architects to understand the overall technical architecture and
implement the features.
- You will design, develop and test your implementation with
various test frameworks/tools in an automated test
- You will follow Agile product development model using SDLC
tools like JIRA.
Job RequirementsWhat skills, experience and qualifications do you
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS) in Computer Science, Software
Engineering or Computer Engineering (other disciplines will also be
considered with meaningful experience).
- You have minimum 4 years of software development
- 2+ years of software development experience using Go, C/C++
- You have deep understanding of fundamental operating system
concepts and Embedded Linux environment.
- Experience and knowledge of container technologies such as
Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience with Git version control and code-sharing websites
- Experience developing in a Continuous Integration environment
using tools such as CircleCI, Travis CI, Jenkins etc.
- Exposure to Linux development tools like Yocto, Bitbake, GNU
- Product development using Agile methodology and familiarity
with SDLC tools like JIRA.
- Validated experience in unit testing, functional testing and
modern testing methodologies in general.
- Good knowledge in shell scripting and languages such as Python,
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, & analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What will give you an edge?
- You have prior experience in developing IoT Gateways or Edge
- You have tested, debugged, or coded on open-source projects or
worked with open communities with embedded Linux projects.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare
culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to
defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses
out when we don't.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own
your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying 'I don't know'.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.#LI-PW1
BenefitsYour particular benefits package will depend on position
and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package
will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program
provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay
innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and
create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only,
shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: caf-- on site, fitness facilities,
team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for
health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel
Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information,
please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
About ArmArm-- technology is at the heart of a computing and
connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live
and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our
advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the
intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering
products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer.
With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most
famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation
into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network
and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of
dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By
enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all
our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share
their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global
About the officeThe Arm Austin office employs staff from across all
divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North
America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the
high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the
"Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by
Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix
are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top
destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
Keywords: Arm Holding, Austin , Senior IoT Software Engineer - Arm Pelion Edge, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!