Software Engineer, CoreDomain
Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Cox Automotive is hiring a Software Engineer specializing in
JAVA/Springfor our CoreDomain team in the CRS group in Austin,
About Common Retail Services (CRS)
We are creating the full suite of platform services that will
enable all of the Cox Automotive software products to interact
seamlessly. Our goal is to provide Cox Automotives customers with
integrated, cross-product capabilities that unlock value that is
greater than the sum of its parts. We are a foundational part of
Cox Automotives mission to transform the way the world buys, sells,
owns, and uses cars.
What We Do in CRSG
We provide common services like SSO, centralized customer
management, a unified developer API portal, and cross-platform data
storage, publishing, and analytics. We are successful because we
stay focused on delivering incremental value, and we believe in
giving our teams the knowledge they need, and empowering them to
make the best decisions.
Core Domain Team
As part of the Common Retail Services group, Core Domain is
actively working to build a versatile and high performing platform
to provide Authentication and Authorization services. We are also
building platform components that allow for cross functionality
integrations. Along with settings and customer management platform
that allows all our Cox Automotive brands a one stop shop to access
and manage their customers.
How We Work
- We believe in agile, self organizing and performing engineering
scrum teams that have a strong understanding of the business needs
and the skill sets to deliver solutions iteratively and
- All our team members are empowered to collaborate and innovate,
bringing new ideas to the table.
- Our teams are specialized, focused on specific areas of the
research and development process.
Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who thrive on
designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems, and
delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are
looking for the Software Engineer to be an exceptionally ambitious
and communicative hands-on individual who is comfortable
collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a
cross-functional team. Additionally, the Software Engineer will
have experience working in fast-paced environments, and have the
passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next
As a Software Engineer you will work with in a collaborative
environment that encourages you to perform at your best. You will
be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex
business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software
design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an
understanding of application performance and maintainability. You
will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to
develop innovative solutions. You will be alongside engineers on a
team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly
Technologies we use**:
Java, ReactJs, AWS, REST, Microservices, GHE, Terraform
- Be a passionate and flexible engineer, collaborate with your
team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor and
manage a highly performing and highly available production
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and
- Implement platform-level components including event
architectures, messaging, and caching solutions.
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks
and cloud solutions.
- Enhance performance and reliability of our current
- Collaborate with team members on best practices, code reviews,
internal tools and process improvements.
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could
be a fit for the organization.
- 2+ years of hands-on professional postgraduate JAVA development
- Current experience working applying OOP and OOD principles with
JAVA and JAVA APIs
- Current experience applying scalable, optimized, fault
tolerant, and distributed system design patterns
- Current experience leveraging REST, and MVC technologies such
as AngularJS or ReactJS
Differentiate yourself from others:
- Experience working with IdP technologies such as Okta,
PingFederate, Cognito, or other SSO platforms.
- Current and recent experience delivering software with Amazon
Web Services technologies, ideally with new deployments and
strangle approaches to cloud migration
What we look for:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent
- Advanced technical degree and/or related training a
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to
design, develop and deploy solutions
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly
optimized and scalable architectures
- Good understanding of industry development, deployment
processes and agile development methodologies desired.
- Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping is a
**This list is not exhaustive, and does not represent the vast
opportunity of technologies the Software Engineer will be exposed
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier
for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global
companys 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including
Autotrader--, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com--, Dealertrack--,
Kelley Blue Book--, Manheim--, NextGear Capital--, VinSolutions--,
vAuto-- and Xtime--, are passionate about helping millions of car
shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five
continents and many others throughout the automotive industry
thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of
Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with
revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Austin , Software Engineer, CoreDomain, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!