Sr. Software Engineer
Posted on: May 27, 2019
ExpediaHomeAway's Traveler Engineering team is hiring for talented
full stack Software Engineers in Austin. As a Software Engineer in
Traveler Engineering, you are at the heart of connecting millions
of travelers to over a million properties on HomeAway and
In this role, you will be partnering with teams across the globe to
build out a new GraphQL orchestration layer and services to support
thousands of requests per second. We are looking for an adaptable,
high performing, motivated, and self-reliant full-stack Software
Engineer with past experience developing leading edge web
applications, APIs, and orchestration services in a cloud
architecture. These applications will use hundreds of separate
services and applications, via a highly adaptable web layer using
the latest technologies allowing us to provide an extraordinary
experience to our customers.
We tackle problems of scale and work on cutting edge and
open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives to solve
hard problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis
testing to empower people to come up with ideas.What you'll do:
- Architect, design, and develop a new GraphQL Orchestration
- Architect, design, and develop new platform services to enhance
our technology platform.
- Contribute to vigilantly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high-performance
code for a distributed environment (our stack satisfies 60K+
requests per second).
- Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications
using industry standard methodologies.
- Work with QA, product management and operations in an agile
- Build and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools:
Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar, Jenkins, and others.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts
- Showcase your work on our tech blog, tech talks, and internal &
Technologies we use:
Technologies, NoSQL Datastores
Who you are:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience (Java
- Mentor junior engineers.
- A good foundation of Agile principles and practices.
- Technical leadership experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well
multi-functionally across multiple departments.
- An analytical problem solver that is passionate about
delivering high-quality user experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on
the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made
up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in
our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break
down barriers and make people's lives better that responsibility
inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do
their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support,
marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team,
working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We
relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the
customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big
and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a
global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act
fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back
on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social
responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia--,
Hotels.com--, Expedia-- Partner Solutions, Egencia--, trivago--,
HomeAway--, Orbitz--, Travelocity--, Wotif--, lastminute.com.au--,
ebookers--, CheapTickets--, Hotwire--, Classic Vacations--,
Expedia-- Media Solutions, CarRentals.com, Expedia Local Expert--,
Expedia-- CruiseShipCenters--, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the
place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two
million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to
find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often
for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.Expedia
is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a
diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will
provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary,
the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from
each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Keywords: VRBO, Austin , Sr. Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!