IT Program Manager
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Employer's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an
opening for an IT Program Management role located onsite in Austin,
TX (no remote ability/no relocation assistance available). The
selected candidate must have demonstrated knowledge and experience
with but not limited to; Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint,
Visio, MS Project, Microsoft SharePoint. Must be able to provide
services to assist in managing complex enterprise projects.
Experience in managing assigned tasks to completion within the
schedule, budget, and scope of the individual project. The scope of
projects includes infrastructure projects, application-specific IT
projects, administrative projects, telecommunications projects,
security projects, and process improvement projects.
A Project Manager must have experience in managing Information
Technology related projects. Must be well versed in life cycle and
project management methodologies. Must have experience in tracking
costs, schedule and performance progress. Must be able to identify
and mitigate risks.
This role will provide IT project management support for various
ITOPS IO projects and sub-projects. Expedite and coordinate
services to assist in managing complex enterprise projects, manage
assigned tasks to completion within the schedule, budget, and scope
of the individual project. Ensure objectives of the projects are
achieved. The scope of projects includes infrastructure projects,
application-specific IT projects, administrative projects,
telecommunications projects, security projects, and process
The Contractor shall:
- Conduct all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution
and closeout per industry standards and guidelines established for
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Follow VA and ITOPS IO standards and procedures for Project
- Develop formal project charters as required by the ITOPS IO
- Facilitate project kick-off and status meetings and communicate
individual roles and project expectations.
- Conduct formal project reviews with project sponsor at project
completion and review all project products to confirm acceptance
- Conduct reviews with the Program Manager on a periodic
- Keep the Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed
of the status of the project being managed.
- Coordinate activities with existing ITOPS IO customers.
- Coordinate activities for ad hoc requests from internal and
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, and Work Breakdown
Structure (WBS) of the tasks required to execute the project. The
Contractor shall develop Project Schedules that are
deliverables-based and accurately depict the work to be performed
by the project. All project plans, WBS and schedule work product
must be retrievable by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify
potential jeopardy of project schedule, and identify ways to
resolve schedule issues.
- Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule,
and technical aspects of the project are identified, assessed,
documented, tracked, and mitigated. All issues tracked must be
accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals
- Apprise EO management of issues that impact the project and
require management decisions.
- Develop System Development plans, track activities to the plan,
and communicate status, utilizing the latest ITOPS IO Project
- Assess variances from the project plan, and develop and
implement changes as necessary to ensure project remains within
specified scope as well as time, cost and quality objectives. All
variances tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any
reviews and approvals required.
- Maintain a collaborative environment with key
- Participate in the development of project standards, procedures
and quality objectives.
- The Contractor shall utilize industry and EO established
project standards, procedures and quality objectives without
requiring assistance from others. All documentation shall be
provided to the COR/VA PM for approval prior to any implementation
- Identify artifacts needed to establish and maintain control of
the project. Create and utilize those artifacts mandated by VA and
ITOPS IO standards.
- Communicate assigned responsibilities to project members for
developing artifacts and performing project activities.
- Review project management activities with Senior Management on
a periodic basis.
- Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a
periodic and event-driven basis.
- Develop estimates for project's effort, costs, and critical
computer resources according to the specific application.
- Notify all affected groups of approved change orders.
- Track effort, cost, critical computer resources, development
activities, and schedule, and take corrective actions as
- Make and use measurements to determine the status of planning,
tracking, and oversightBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems,
Business or related scientific/technical discipline, and 10 years
of experience. 8 additional years of relevant experience may be
substituted for degree.
- Ability to work in a Matrix team environment, actively and
effectively managing relationships with customers, build and
release managers, technical teams, product development, project
managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving
innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to
operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and
Keywords: Leidos, Austin , IT Program Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!