Senior Software Engineer
Company: Pitney Bowes
Posted on: February 14, 2019
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Senior Software Engineer for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions. You are: A passionate Senior Software Engineer that will be a thought leader in our Austin, TX office. As a Senior Software Engineer at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on creating great software and deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges. This role will report to the Software Development Manager.
- Write great code.
- Lead complex design and development efforts.
- Work with cutting edge graph database technology.
- Deliver a high-profile product, strategically important to the line of business.
- Have exposure to enterprise-level clients.
- Assist in estimation efforts and assuring commitments are met.
- Help to improve the product by leading design and code reviews.
- Identify risks and solutions.
- Build constructive working relationships both within the product team and cross-functionally.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you have:
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or other related field preferred.
- Strong desire of hands-on experience with Neo4J database technology.
- More than 7+ years of experience in developing Java/J2EE applications.
- Must have experience in developing complex queries, functions, views and tables using Oracle PL/SQL or SQL Sr.
- Experience in working with Spring source libraries.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and service-oriented architecture.
- Knowledge of multi-threaded programming and concurrent libraries.
- Experience with agile methodologies, continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Experience with Java REST or SOAP web services. Preferred
- Experience developing web applications with HTML5 or AngularJS.
- Knowledge of distributed computing, message based systems (JMS, etc.), JNI, O/R mapping, Maven build system, and Aspect Oriented Programming. We will
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com) Our Team Our global Innovation team is dedicated to using the best-in-class tools, processes and modern architectures to create great experiences for our clients. In a rapidly changing world, we have a clear technical vision for our future that includes SaaS, APIs, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Mobile and the Internet of Things. We are also focused on creating great client experiences, utilizing a Design Thinking platform and approach.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply! Department: Engineering/Innovation - provided by Dice Agile, AngularJS, Architecture, Automated, Database, Development, Development Manager, Foundation, J2EE, Java, JNI, Libraries, Manager, Multi-threaded, Oracle, PL/SQL, Programming, SOAP, Software Engineer, SQL, Testing
Keywords: Pitney Bowes, Austin , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!