Director, Software Product Management - Server & Cloud
Company: Arm Holding
Posted on: January 15, 2019
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the roleAs the Director of Software Product Management based out of either our Austin, TX or San Jose, CA office, you will be working with Arm stakeholders and key customers to gather and prioritize requirements for software enablement and optimization and develop strategies to satisfy these requirements using internal resources and working the Arm ecosystem and wider software communities. This includes communication to all stakeholders, via presentations, media, including digital channels. As a member of the Infrastructure (Datacenter) Line of Business, you will be part of a team of product managers who are addressing the growing demand for software in new markets for Arm.What will I be accountable for?In this role you will be primarily focused on strategic delivery of software products for the Infrastructure space. Key to the role is an understanding of the software development process and an ability to engage with key decision makers, both internally and externally. This includes the ability to highlight the advantages of the Arm software ecosystem, as well as being able to position it against the competition. The ability to develop material around the capabilities and opportunities for Infrastructure, specifically server and datacenter, with software as the key component.Some of the day to day responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Owning the roadmap and driving the vision for software enablement and optimization activities for the server segment, evolving around Arm IP and Architecture, as well as the multiple open source projects typically comprising SW stacks uses in modern datacenters
- Working closely with architects and technology leads, directly engaging with internal and external software development teams
- Working with the complete value chain of end customers, manufacturers, and designers of hardware, software and systems to gather specific market segment needs and translate these into product plans
- Performing competitive analysis and identify the strengths and weaknesses of Arm-based solutions versus the competition
- Developing business cases for proposed features, articulating value proposition in partnership with the Go-to-Market team
- Evangelizing Arm in open source software communities
- Work with our Go-to-Market and Product Marketing teams to support specific opportunities, including participating in customer meetings, sales meetings, and training.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?Essential
- BS degree (or equivalent), ideally in a numerate subject, although other graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
- Proven track record in developing and delivering software products to customers in the datacenter space, which would include an understanding of the elements comprising a typical SW stack (from firmware and boot flow to OS and applications)
- Experience in working with one or more of the major open source communities
- Demonstrable experience with creation and management of software requirements
- Broad experience in a technical sales or marketing role
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively with other team members, customers and suppliers - formulating and executing on strategy
- Motivation to work unsupervised, but as an integral part of a local developer team, as well as part of a globally distributed marketing team
- Comfortable with the requirement to travel, since at least 25% of this role may involve international travelDesirable
- 5+ years of Product Management experience from previous roles
- High level understanding of the Server and Networking segment software
- Specific knowledge of Languages, Libraries and Tools used in modern datacenter deployments
- Hands-on coding or development expertise is a big plusWhat are the desired behaviors for this role?At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't (what does collaborate)Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progressBe Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
- Success in the global marketplace. #LI-KW1
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: caf-- on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm-- technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the "Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps
Keywords: Arm Holding, Austin , Director, Software Product Management - Server & Cloud, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!