Information Systems Division Manager
Company: Austin Water Utility
Posted on: December 9, 2018
The Information Systems Division Manager at Austin Water will be responsible for leading the Infrastructure team: managing direct and indirect reports, setting vision, and strategic planning for the team. This position will be responsible for overseeing projects and innovative solutions to support the mobility of the Utility and other smart solutions (such as Advanced Metering Infrastructure) to advance the Utility-wide goals and objectives. They will also be responsible for overseeing and managing a large infrastructure budget.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of benefits including medical, paid leave time, a great retirement plan, training opportunities and more!
--- Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to information science/computer field, plus four (4) years related experience of which two (2) years must be in managerial or supervisory experience.
--- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years
--- A Master's degree may substitute for two (2) years of the non-supervisory experience
- Experience managing high-performing teams who deliver IT infrastructure, applications, data, and/or customer support
- Experience managing IT budgets of $1 million or more
- Experience managing IT contracts and vendors
- Experience managing complex IT projects
- Experience presenting technical information to diverse audiences to include field employees and executive level staff
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and principlesKnowledge of applicable processes, techniques, and methods.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Local laws, and ordinances governing.Knowledge of city practice, policy, and procedures.
- Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation. Knowledge of the principals and practices of public administration.
- Skill in directing the activities of a large and complex organization.
- Skill in analyzing problems related to service delivery.
- Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in conducting presentations on behalf of a public entity.
- Skill in projecting needs for equipment and personnel and formulating operating budgets.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the City Manager and staff, Mayor and City Council, other Departments Heads, media, city employees and the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with city employees and the public.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to train others.
Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Ensures adherence to budgets and business plans
- Reviews financial reports and capital appropriation requests.
- Manages multiple broad program areas and supervisors in the information systems area
- Determines assignments of projects
- Writes reports
- Develops long range business plan for information systems
- Designs model of business function
- Prepares and evaluates Request for Proposals (RFP's)
- Prepares budget
- Evaluates and plans future needs of network/systems
- Integrates multiple information systems technologies, e.g. hardware, software
- Selects communication technology
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Keywords: Austin Water Utility, Austin , Information Systems Division Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!