Software QA Lead - Manual Testing
Company: Simplex Hires LLC
Posted on: March 19, 2023
This role is 100% Remote and based anywhere in the USA.Our
client is a fast-growing, Private Equity backed company that
provides SaaS Software to the SLED / Public Sector / Govt
Market.The QA Lead is an internal-facing role to provide guidance
to the team in order to ensure that the team of QA engineers are on
the right track to fulfill their commitments to the project teams.
You will work closely with the Product team to determine priorities
and what the team should be working on.Responsibilities:
- Properly allocate test resources and create solutions for
- Learn and make recommendations on tools, techniques, processes,
and industry-accepted Quality Assurance best practices for the use
of the wider QA Team.
- Provide input to the development and improvement of software
quality assurance procedures and process to efficiently test and
- Conduct risks assessment and management; observe issues
escalation and management procedures.
- Create the following in support of the project plan and
- test estimates and schedules
- test matrices and requirements traceability matrices
- test plans
- test scenarios, test cases and/or automated test scripts
- Perform manual tests, test preparation and execution activities
and document testing results
- Monitor status of defects, incidents and required re-tests
- Create accurate and regular reports on testing status and
resources of assigned products or projects to update the
stakeholders on the progress, quality, and potential delays.
- Assist with team members annual objectives performance reviews,
including identification of team members development plan to
achieve expected performance and professional growth.
- Monitor team members to understand if any assistance or
training to execute their tasks is needed; and to ensure the
training that they are provided with is being utilized.
- Communicate clear and accurate information or instructions to
team members; conduct regular meetings with the team; pay attention
to the team members' feedback.
- Perform other duties as required to deliver exceptional service
to support the business goal of the company.Requirements:
- Has extensive experience in manual testing of software systems
including, but not limited to functional and integration, user
acceptance, and non-functional requirements. Having experience in
automation testing is an advantage.
- Exposure in systems development, business and/or systems
analysis and design of software application systems.
- Fundamental understanding of common application technologies
(e.g. web server, database, network & server topology, web
services, PHP, API, UI, and API automation using open source and
- Organized, structured thought process to testing.
- Database knowledge (SQL)
- Experience training others on software quality testing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; can produce
very good documentation
- Experience in leading a team and/or mentoring other members of
Keywords: Simplex Hires LLC, Austin , Software QA Lead - Manual Testing, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...