Senior Engine Programmer
Company: Creative Heads, Inc.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Retro Studios Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned
subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art
game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to
bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge
next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful
Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant
wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back
cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent
quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range
of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch
game developers to recharge and unwind.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Implement new core technologies necessary to realize the vision
of our games.
- Maintain existing codebase and support the wider development
team in diagnosing problems and coming up with good solutions
- Optimization of Engine and Game Systems to take full advantage
of target hardware and architecture.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms to keep current on
technological developments and advancements in the game
- Work with content and engineering partners to identify problems
and identify new solutions where required
- Participate in development, optimization, and debugging of
low-level systems like physics, animation, and memory
- Mentor junior or mid-level programmers as required.*This job
description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not
intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals
occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The
company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice
or in writing. SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering or related field required, or specific experience with
video game programming.
- Expertise in Physics, Animation, Memory or Audio systems
- Experience working on content processing pipelines for game
- Experience collaborating with engineers across multiple teams
- Experience working independently and to be self-directed
- Effective organization, time-management, analytical and
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey
technical information, both verbal and written to a wide range of
- 7+ years of experience in game development and shipped multiple
AAA gamesPREFERRED SKILLS
- Strong hardware and software architecture knowledge
- Experience with optimizing network and file I/O
- Experience with crash dumps and disassembly. We are an equal
opportunity employer -of individuals with disabilities and
protected veterans....valuing diversity---celebrating strengths.
- Primary Job Duty: Multithreaded Programming, GAME ENGINE
- Secondary Job Duties: Debuggers / Compilers, Architecture /
System Design, Math / Physics / Algorithms
- Other Job Duties: R & D / New Technology, Animation
Keywords: Creative Heads, Inc., Austin , Senior Engine Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!