Scientific Software Developer
Company: WiMLDS Inc
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Enthought powers digital transformation for science. Our
technology and deep scientific expertise enable faster discovery
and continuous innovation. We solve complex problems for the most
innovative and respected organizations across the life sciences,
material sciences, chemical, and semiconductor industries.
The Software Developer at Enthought, Inc. participates in the
development of scientific and technical applications involving
GUIs, 2D and 3D visualizations, workflow and pipeline architecture,
and numerical algorithms for our proprietary products and for
customer applications. We currently have openings in Austin (USA),
Tokyo (Japan) and Cambridge (UK). Some travel may be required.
We are interested both in experienced applicants as well as in
recent graduates. Applicants should have a BS, MS, or PhD degree
with a strong background in science and mathematics, as well as
real experience developing quality software, either commercial or
open source. More experienced applicants should have demonstrated
aptitude for collaborative software development and the ability to
work with developers of all experience levels. Project management
skills and team leadership experience is a plus.
- (Required) Bachelor's Degree in scientific, mathematical or
engineering field with preferably an M.S. or Ph.D. degree.
- Minimum 2 years of technical lead or software development
experience with 4 or more years preferred.
- Ability to understand a problem domain and then conceive of and
implement an intuitive user interface geared toward the scientist
or engineer user.
- Discipline, pride, and professionalism to write readable,
documented, and unit-tested code that serves as an example to those
who study your work
- Strong work ethic and commitment to satisfying the
- Experience with Python and its scientific ecosystem, and a
strong understanding of how to apply its capabilities to develop
visualizations, work flow frameworks, and elegant scientific
- Strong understanding of statistics, optimization, image
processing, signal processing, or other similar area.
Perks and Benefits:
- Interesting, impactful, and intellectually challenging
- A richly collaborative environment with a culture where we
enjoy working with one another, and respect and learn from one
- A workplace where each individual is valued for their ability
to make pragmatic judgements and strengthen skills.
- Opportunities to take risks, grow and advance in your
- A work culture infused with science, technology, and
- Performance based bonuses
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Stock options
- Generous PTO
- Work-life balance
- Hybrid work - remote 60% / in-office 40%
- Company sponsored lunches and happy hours
- Free parking
Enthought is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with offices in
Houston, Texas; Cambridge, United Kingdom; Z--rich, Switzerland;
and Tokyo, Japan. We are an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or national origin.
Keywords: WiMLDS Inc, Austin , Scientific Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!