IT Systems Administrator
Company: Horizon Bank Texas
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position SummaryOur Systems Administrators represent the Bank
and our culture of YES in every transaction and customer
interaction. Those in this position are tasked with supporting and
maintaining information systems, equipment, and databases, as well
as assisting in the support of all internal and cloud-based
systems. Success in this role requires intermediate to advanced
technical knowledge, customer service skills, attention to detail,
teamwork, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
We are currently searching for hiring high-potential people to join
our IT team at our North Austin offices, located at 12007
Why Horizon?We're not just your ordinary bank - we have something
special here at Horizon. Our charter dates back to 1905, giving us
over a century of experience serving Central Texas. We pride
ourselves on creating lifelong customer relationships and business
partnerships and have a reputation for an unwavering commitment to
our teams, our communities, and our customers.
Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow
#1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2020
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market
- 2020 & 2021 Thriving Together recipient for outstanding company
Wellness Program. Learn more about our competitive benefit package
We're proud of where our teams have gotten us and can't wait to see
where you will take us next!
What will you do?Key highlights include:
Provide technical support including coordination, vendor relations,
maintenance, and support of hardware, software, and all other IT
systems. Support includes monitoring systems, user assistance,
system documentation, integration, security, and compliance with IT
- Research issues and technology trends, providing options for
resolutions and recommendations as necessary.
- Serve as an IT Champion and point of contact for staff requests
for technology hardware, software, maintenance contracts, network
support, training, and documentation.
- Leverage software and skills to assist in the tracking of IT
equipment - including inventory, transfers, and repurposing.
- Play a key role in project implementation, monitoring, and
reporting including the implementation of hardware and software,
policies and procedures, training, new technologies, and assigned
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.Am I the right fit?The
ideal candidate is looking to build their career in IT and who
Minimum: BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
technology related field and 5+ years of direct industry
experience; or any other subject matter which demonstrates both the
desire and ability to perform the job duties of this position.
- Advanced technical knowledge of Windows operating systems and
- Demonstrated experience upgrading and replacing parts of a
computer and adding peripherals.
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge and understanding of
security, malicious software and virus removal tools, safe software
installation and uninstall practices, customizing software
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve issues in a networked
- Demonstrated ability to keep current on new technologies and
tools and to learn new tasks and technologies quickly.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel to other
locations (up to 20%).
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and contribute to a
- Optimistic, internally motivated, community-oriented
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a
company - while growing yourself.
3 - 5+ years' experience of Windows Server administration or
equivalent as a Univx/Linux admin
- 3 - 5+ years' experience with networking technologies (DHCP,
DNS, VPN, etc) and networking support
- 8+ years direct industry experience supporting staff and
systems in a banking/financial setting
- Network+ certified
- Microsoft 365 Management - adding/removing users, modifying
configurations, experience supporting Microsoft Teams, SharePoint,
OneDrive, Defender/Intune and all other MS 365 applications
- MS Azure management - policy management and creation, creating
and maintaining servers with disaster recovery options and
- MCSA (for example, MCSA Windows Server 2019) or MCSE certified
- PowerShell scripting and creating scripts to help management of
PC's a plus
- Microsoft SQL, database management and troubleshooting a
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE ON THE HORIZON TEAM?Our commitment to our
employees goes beyond base pay-it includes the tangible things like
salary, benefits, and special employee programs such as training &
development, wellness, and flexible sick time. Equally important
are the intangible factors like challenging work, a community
focused mindset, and the opportunity to grow professionally. We do
not hire resources; we invest in people.
Benefits available to you include:
- Health coverage options including Medical, Dental, and
- Wellness Program that incentivizes you with premium cost
- Employee Assistance Program to help you with life's
- Basic Group term Life and AD&D to protect you and your
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of the Bank through our
401k Retirement Plan
- Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Time off policies meant to support your work-life balance
INTERESTED IN JOINING US?This is a great opportunity to join a
successful and growing organization. If you think that you could be
the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact
information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to
deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified
people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race,
color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and
expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other
protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws.
Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Keywords: Horizon Bank Texas, Austin , IT Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!