Marketing Specialist, Technology
Company: LAZ Parking
Posted on: June 25, 2022
- When it comes to a marketing job, you want the best of all
- You know you're talented and creative, but you're early in your
career and you just need somewhere to grow.
- You like the idea of a startup because you want your ideas and
hard work to effect change.
- But you want to work for a company that's established and
- You prefer benefits over imaginary stock options.
- The idea of marketing vaporware doesn't make you feel
- You know what vaporware is.
- You're a native techie. You get apps, mobile payments,
- You can take a complex product and explain it in a simple
- You can design, lay out and make a picture paint a thousand
words or a million pixels.
- You can crush writing brochure copy, a how-to, a training guide
or an SOP.
- You could have written a better job ad than this.
- Anything you can't already do, you can figure out.
- You don't let ambiguity slow you down and you're cool with
- You'd appreciate the flexibility to work from your time zone,
your town, your home.
- But you yearn to belong to something bigger - a culture, a
- We're the industry leader in a service that almost every person
on the planet uses multiple times a day.
- We've been established and profitable for more than 40
- We were started by (and are still led by) three best
- Our mission is to create opportunities for our employees
- Our Tech division is already changing our industry.
- We're like a startup inside a grownup company.
- But we're so focused on building and deploying real, proven
systems that we haven't had time to tell anyone about it.
- We're sometimes called our company's "best kept secret" and we
totally hate that.
- We need someone wonderful to tell our story, inside the company
and to the world.Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5%
of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%?
PARKED!LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing
parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of
thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to
parking, we're the experts!We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We
often say "parking is our industry but people are our passion." Our
mission is to "create opportunities for our employees and value for
our clients". If you're looking to join a growing company led by
passionate people committed to being the best - contact us
Value Creation of the Position:The Marketing Specialist for
Technology oversees all day-to-day marketing initiatives that will
enhance, support and promote the value-added offerings developed by
our national technology department. While reporting directly to
Director of Marketing and Communications this candidate will be an
integral collaborator to the technology team.Principal Job Duties:
- Create, implement and manage all external marketing efforts for
- Works with Training and Development department to create and
implement all internal training technology materials
- Present and promote technology initiatives with internal
Business Development teams
- Create SOPs and how to guides for our internal team to sell
technology to clients
- Write internal/external communication for technology
- Create technology content for LAZ social media channels
- Plan and oversee department projects to ensure they are
completed in a timely fashion
- Support service line leaders, departments and key leaders to
ensure technology is strategically included in proposal
- Manages and updates technology website
- Additional related duties as assigned.Education:
- Bachelor's Degree required.Experience:
- 3-5 years in a Marketing role.
- A minimum 1-2 years in a Design role.
- A minimum 1-2 years in a Project Management role working with
- Previous experience working in high-stress situations with
tight deadlines/high customer expectations.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point, and General Microsoft
- Moderate knowledge in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Final
Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premier a plus.
- Interactive digital experience (hands on web, mobile web and/or
app design) a plus.Skills:
- Must have excellent technical background and the ability to
know how to position and sell our technology products to our
clients and the parking industry.
- Need to understand all of our technology products and how they
work and why that's important.
- Very organized with strong project management skills to be able
to track, move projects forward and meet various hard
- Ability to self-manage
- Must be able to think strategically
- Ability to write compelling copy and proofread
- Must be able to learn the business and how everything
- MUST be able to see the value of the products and how they can
be positioned in the market
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all
levels of the organization.
- Ability to work successfully in a team, independently, and
comfortable in very fast-paced and growing environments
- Ability to multi-task and respond with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea
sharing and creative problem solving.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching
conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges
(Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard
business practices.Physical Demands:The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
qualified disabilities to perform the essential
duties/functions.FLSA Status: ExemptLAZ Parking is an equal
opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including
hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam
era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected
veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local law. No question in our application process is used for
the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration
for employment on such grounds.
Keywords: LAZ Parking, Austin , Marketing Specialist, Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!