Sr. DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR/ SQL DBA - AZURE, REMOTE
Company: CGS Business Solutions - INC 5000 Company
Posted on: May 14, 2022
CGS Business Solutions is committed to helping you, as an
esteemed IT Professional, find the next right step in your career.
We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or
full-time opportunities in your area of expertise. We are currently
seeking Technical Professionals who are searching for challenging
and rewarding jobs for the following opportunity:
Our Large Financial client in Orange Co, CA is looking for a Remote
Sr. Database Administrator/ SQL DBA to join a highly skilled team
of professionals for a 1 year+ contract. This is a Senior position
to be performed under minimal supervision and direction. The Sr.
Database Administrator is responsible for deployment, migration,
implementation, and administration of databases including control,
maintenance, and support of all database environments and related
applications. Environment is both on premise, and in the Cloud
using Platform As A Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure As A Service
SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5+ years in a MS SQL Server Database Administration
role within large Enterprise Databases (100MB to 5TB)
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL 2000- 2016 database
principles (SQL 2019 experience a plus) and utilities including
database restores, performance tuning, backups, query optimization,
diagnosis of latency and indexing issues and maintaining the
overall general database health.
- Experience troubleshooting the integration with SQL ensuring
queries are returned efficiently, SQL Reports (PBIRS) and front-end
database interfaces and web API's are optimized.
- Familiarity with Monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Redgate
- Previous experience with working with Datawarehouse teams
- Knowledge of Azure Data Lake/Data Factory
- Cross functional Database experience a plus (Oracle)
- Familiarity with NPPI data encryption knowledge a plus
- Willing to work after hours and adhering to an on-call rotation
schedule (2 weeks on/ off)
- Comfortable with moving to a 4/10 schedule after probation
- BA or BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- Implement and administer MS SQL Server 2008-2019 databases in
support of in-house developed and vendor applications for both on
premise and Cloud PaaS environments
- Develop, implement and execute maintenance plans to maximize
availability, performance, and reliability of databases.
- Develop and implement measures of availability, performance,
and reliability of databases.
- Assist with SSIS Package/Project Deployment and
- Assist with migrating SSIS Packages/jobs to Azure SSIS
- Assist with migrating to SSRS/PBIRS
- Working knowledge of Database Partitioning (Create, Merge
- Review, plan, test, and implement database upgrades while
adhering to all change management policies and procedures.
- Configuration, installation, and setup of database servers as
- Documents business applications architecture and process flow
using MS Visio or other modeling tool.
- Develop, implement and execute a backup / disaster recovery
plan for all databases via various technologies (log shipping,
database mirroring, SAN replication, etc.).
- Review and perform strategic database planning; test and
implement database upgrades while adhering to all change management
policies and procedures.
- Coordinate configuration, installation, and setup of
application and database servers as required
- Troubleshoot and resolves problems with production systems;
escalates issues and facilitates resolution.
- Work with program owners in the review, planning, testing, and
implementation of program upgrades dependent on database
- Make recommendations to system analysts and other staff on
administration policies and procedures and technical methods.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database connectivity and performance
- Present relevant application and database performance
statistics including server performance and trend analysis.
- Perform in-depth analysis of application security, performance
and health at system and network level; makes relevant
recommendations to improve system availability and reliability
based on this analysis and coordinates the implementation of
- Represent Server engineering team at meetings with other teams
and business partners.
- Guide development of technical documentation for production
- Document business applications architecture and process flow
using MS Visio or other modeling tool.
- Identify requirements and makes technical recommendations based
on industry best-practices according to identified requirements.
IMPORTANT SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Technical - Generate creative solutions and apply design
principles. Strive to continuously build on knowledge and skills by
pursuing training and development. Always look for ways to improve
and promote quality. Design good workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving/ Strategic thinking/ Planning & Organizing
skills - Identify and resolves issues and develop alternative
solutions. Ability to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate
judgment with supportive reasoning for decisions. Strong use of
prioritization skills and planning work activities; develop
realistic action plans and uses time efficiently. Demonstrate
attention to detail.
- Teamwork - Be a strong team player by sharing expertise with
others. Exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views;
Contribute to building a positive team spirit putting success of
team above own interests; help build and maintain morale and group
commitments to goals and objectives About CGS Business
Solutions:CGS specializes in IT business solutions, staffing and
consulting services. With a strong focus in IT Applications,
Network Infrastructure, Information Security, and Engineering. CGS
is an INC 5000 company and is honored to be selected as one of the
Best IT Recruitment Firms in California. After five consecutive
Fastest Growing Company titles, CGS continues to break into new
markets across the USA. Companies are counting on CGS to attract
and help retain these resource pools in order to gain a competitive
advantage the rapidly changing business environments.
Keywords: CGS Business Solutions - INC 5000 Company, Austin , Sr. DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR/ SQL DBA - AZURE, REMOTE, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!