Sr. Software Developer (Dashboard)
Company: Bandwidth Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who We Are
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like
Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of
the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice,
messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services- all backed by
Bandwidth's own nationwide, all-IP voice network-allow us to power
the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We
celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic
Our Hiring Philosophy
We hire smart people who get things done, learn from mistakes, and
work well with others. We welcome and encourage you to apply even
if you don't feel like you're 100% a match for the skills listed on
this job description - we've hired plenty of talented people whose
skills didn't perfectly match the needs of the job, and we're a
better BAND for it!
What We Are Looking For
We're looking for a Senior Software Developer for the Dashboard
team who gets things done and is capable of being a leader on our
software development team. We're seeking somebody who is a maker, a
perpetual learner, and a software artisan. If your idea of fun is
losing track of time while geeking out over API architecture and
cloud-based infrastructure, we'd like to talk to you.
What You'll Do
- Replace our on-prem Java monolith with Spring Boot
microservices in AWS
- Work with queueing and notification technology like SQS and
- Automate your DevOps world through GitHub Actions
- Monitor your services with Data Dog visualizations and
What You'll Need
If you're our person, you probably look like this:
- You have deep expertise in Java and frameworks within the Java
- You're strong in relational database management systems
- You've designed and built RESTful APIs, and are comfortable
with web protocols
- You're at home automating your world through Jenkins, Ansible,
and the like
Little Extra From You
Wow, It'd Be Really Great If Also
- You're comfortable with container technologies
- You have experience with observability tools
- You enjoy working with front-end code
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we're pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is
rooted in our "Whole Person Promise." We promise all employees that
they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a
work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and
spirit. How do we do that? Well---
- You're guaranteed to be given "work that matters." If you ain't
feelin' that, let us know. We'll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn,
experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even
submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete
with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So
are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance
premiums. It's pretty nice.
- When you're on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No
calls, texts, emails--- Enjoy your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to
the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There's a locker room and
cardio equipment on the first floor.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Keywords: Bandwidth Inc., Austin , Sr. Software Developer (Dashboard), IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!