Technology Support Specialist
Company: EANES ISD
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Eanes ISD is seeking a--Technology Support Specialist.--We offer
great pay and benefits!!*Only applications submitted through the
Eanes ISD website will be considered for employment*Please submit
your application online at www.eanesisd.net/jobs.Purpose:The
Technology Support Specialist position is designed to provide
support of technology and related services for Eanes Independent
School District and work under the direction of theTechnology
Services Department. The candidate is expected to have a strong
background in administrative functions related to desktop and
mobile operating systems and applications for multiple computing
platforms while being able to provide basic network
troubleshooting, and demonstrate exceptional customer service to
staff, students, and community users of technology.The following
statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities
assigned and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions that may
be assigned or skills that may be required.Required
- High School Diploma and/or GED
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Proficient with business applications Preferred
- Associates Degree or Technical Certification from accredited
institutionsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Provide tier one helpdesk support
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills in order to
provide assistance and advice to district stakeholders that use
department services and devices.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
tasks/workload, work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively with the public and District
- Ability to think logically, symbolically, and abstractly with
attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and interpret problems assigned and present
results with clarity and precision.
- Knowledge of Apple and Microsoft productivity
- Knowledge of Mac computers and macOS operating systems.
- Knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Windows 10 operating
- Knowledge of iPad tablets, iOS operating system.
- Knowledge of classroom A/V equipment including projectors,
document cameras, smartboards, and flat panel displays. Experience:
- 2-5 years supporting desktop and mobile operating systems and
applications for multiple computing platforms in a customer-facing
role or position.Licenses:
- Class "C" Operator's Driver's License. Applicant selected must
provide a current three- year Driving Record from the current state
of residence. If not currently a Texas resident, must obtain a
Texas Driver's License within 30 days after entering Texas as a new
resident.Major Responsibilities, Duties, and Functions:
- Work closely with other Support Specialists and district staff
to deliver exceptional customer service and support.
- Image, deploy, and/or provision computers/tablets in large
quantities, which will require lifting and moving computer systems
and tablets throughout the workday.
- Maintain accurate records of time spent of work performed via
the HelpDesk work order system.
- Deploy and relocate VoIP phones as needed.
- Install and maintain cabling systems to support network, audio,
and video systems.
- Maintain and repair A/V equipment.
- Pursue personal development of knowledge, skills, and abilities
necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Maintain confidentiality of district, staff, and student
- Maintain professional and consistent regular attendance,
punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health
& safety procedures.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with
co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Works well with other team members to complete tasks with high
degree of initiative and coordination.
- Exhibit high degree or empathy with a customer service-oriented
attitude and disposition; should be exercised at all times.
- Document all work orders, accumulated knowledge, and techniques
in HelpDesk system.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. Supervisory
- NoneWorking Conditions:
The following mental / physical demands and environmental factors
can be expected for this position:
- Reading; ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in
writing); load and operate iPads, PC and Mac computers and printers
and other office and classroom equipment.
- Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer terminal;
moderate lifting, 15-45 pounds. Constant use of technology. Travel
to remote locations within the district.
- This position may have voluntary and/or required compensated
overtime working hours during evenings and/or weekends. Work hours
will be generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Overtime, approved in advance by a supervisor, may be offered
Keywords: EANES ISD, Austin , Technology Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!