Senior Technical Writer
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Are you a can-do, user-focused information developer who wants
to work on ground-breaking technology for the world's leading
semiconductor IP company? We have an exciting opportunity for you
to join our Technical Communications team working with innovative,
brand-new CPU technology! As a Senior Information Developer, you
will develop customer-facing content in collaboration with Arm's
engineering and marketing teams. You will do this by building
networks with product teams and by gaining information from our
internal sources and your own investigations. You will also be part
of a larger community of information developers working together to
create and deliver content for Arm's products, solutions, and
This position is available in Arm's Austin design center which is
located in one of the most beautiful parts of Texas. Located in the
hill country of Austin, this exceptional design center has
delivered leading products from Arm's Cortex - and Neoverse---
processor family. Key Responsibilities
- Identifying user needs to create, adapt, and improve content
based on those needs.
- Creating user-focused content that helps our customers achieve
- Collaborating with your team lead and other information
developers to implement the best processes and practices for the
technical content you produce.
- Training, mentoring, and leading junior members of the
team.Technical CommunicationsThe Technical Communications team is
part of the Sales and Partner Enablement Group. It is responsible
for producing and maintaining technical content for all Arm
products, including documentation, user assistance, and multimedia.
Technical Communications has a strong presence in all of Arm's
major design centers. Members of the team come from a variety of
backgrounds and range from graduates to highly-experienced writers.
The team works with established, well-defined processes and
standards. Job RequirementsYou should have a degree or
post-graduate qualification in a related area. For example:
- Computer science, physics, math, or software engineering
- English or comparative linguistics
- Technical writingIf you have extensive experience and skills in
technical writing or content development, then we'd like to hear
from you! Essential Skills and Personal Attributes
- Experience as a technical writer, with a consistent record of
writing for global audiences and strong customer focus.
- Self-starter and able to work from your own initiative with
good judgment and clear decision-making skills.
- Supportive and encouraging team-mate, who thrives in a
collaborative work environment.
- Flexible and pragmatic with strong problem-solving skills.
- Creative, dynamic, and insightful.
- Good knowledge of industry standard tools, with the ability to
learn and adapt (such as DITA, HTML, XML, and XSLT).
- Enjoys learning about new technologies especially around
computer architecture, microprocessors, or related technical
Why work for Arm Austin?As well as a friendly and high-quality
working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package in
Austin including: medical and dental insurance, vision plan, onsite
gym, 13 company holidays, 4 weeks of vacation, 401K match up to 6%,
and a 20-day sabbatical every four years. At Arm, we are guided by
our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our
decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape
extraordinary Passion for Progress
- Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks and be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn
- Pursue innovation relentlessly. We, Not I
- Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work
back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share
information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.Be your Brilliant Self
- Skillful individuality, performance and fulfillment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you
to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.With offices around
the world, Arm is a diverse organization of dedicated, innovative
and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant,
inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people
can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique
contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace. We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other
federal, state or local protected class
Keywords: Arm, Austin , Senior Technical Writer, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!