Technical Support Specialist
Posted on: January 15, 2022
This is an entry level customer and internal facing role to enrich
the lives of our customers and Robot Deployment Specialists by
providing technical support for issues seen in the field. It is not
an engineering position and a background in robotics or engineering
is not required. If you have ever been an outstanding customer
service representative in a hands on, technology environment
toggling between helping busy customers with their technical needs,
you may be a great fit for the role.
- Work closely with external customers and Robot Deployment
Specialists to solve hardware and software issues.
- Respond to high volume internal messages and phone calls.
- Collect data and troubleshooting in a variety of real-world
situations, while simultaneously providing detailed and accurate
feedback to our engineers.
- Prioritize the customer experience, ensuring their expectations
are always met or exceeded.
- Create support tickets and assign to appropriate departments
- Receive feedback from customers and relay it to the Product
Department for Engineering prioritization.
- Create technical training content and documents.
- Able to read, write, and speak Spanish and English.
- An Associates degree holder or possess equivalent
- Comfortable with software development and deployment cycles:
you can report issues and can quickly learn to use new
- An excellent written and verbal communicator; you convey
information to internal and external stakeholders in an organized
and easily parsable manner through emails, bug reports, and
- Customer-service oriented; you are friendly, skilled in the art
of de-escalation, and an able juggler of customer demands and
- Organized; you can juggle and make progress on multiple tasks
- Self-sufficient and whip-smart; you get things done, learn what
you don't know, and can make data-driven decisions independently,
as circumstances require.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds; you are unfazed by the need to
transport robot equipment on an occasional basis.
- Flexible and willing to work different shift hours, including
early mornings, nights, and weekends: you understand that our
customers (i.e. hotels) are open 24/7, that our robots must be
running smoothly all the time, and that your schedule may shift as
customer needs change over time.
- Willing to work during significant holidays: you understand
that our customers (i.e. hotels) don't shut down during the
holidays and neither can our robots.
- Willing to be vendor credentialed; our customers have strict
standards and employment will be dependent on obtaining vendor
credentials, the process of which will include various
immunizations, a background check, and a drug screen, among other
The ideal candidate would also be:
- Responsive and responsible, especially when working remotely:
you commit to deadlines, err on the side of over-communication, and
understand the challenges of remote work.
- Results-oriented; you're happy to observe and take notes on end
users interacting with the robot all day if that's what it takes to
get data for product analysis.
- Vigilant about the details; you notice when a checklist item is
left unchecked and it gnaws at you until it's done.
- Passionate about service and technology coming together to help
- A video game enthusiast; you will leverage your off-duty skills
to become an expert at teleoperating the robot, when
- A budding techy; you are the go-to among friends for fixing
their technical problems.
- Formerly employed in the hospitality or commercial cleaning
space; you have an insider understanding of the vernacular,
organizational structure, and operational processes of
- Passionate and clear-eyed when it comes to robots; you
understand that there's a gap between technological reality and
media-driven expectations and are excited about the opportunity to
move the industry forward by whatever means necessary, even if it
- Medical, Dental, Vision offered
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Time Off to Vote
- Flexible Work and Telecommute Arrangements
- Dog Friendly
If you feel that you're a fit for this role, please apply online
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for
Maidbot thrives on the uniqueness and diversity of its employee
family. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. Maidbot
is an equal opportunity employer, and it is our policy that all
applicants and employees are entitled to equal employment
opportunity. Maidbot does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment, promotion, transfer or any other
personnel decision because of race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sex
stereotyping, transgender status, and gender identity), national
origin (including limited English proficiency), age (as provided by
the Age Discrimination in Employment Act), disability, or political
affiliation or belief, disability or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Maidbot, Austin , Technical Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!