Software Engineer, Data Engineering
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Neuralink is developing ultra-high bandwidth brain-machine
interfaces to connect humans and computers. We are building a team
of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a
world-changing impact. Engineers on the Laboratory Systems software
team work closely with other teams - neuroscientists, physicists,
roboticists, chip designers, and mechanical engineers - to build
Neuralink's centralized data aggregation and analysis platform. We
are building a data platform to collect, organize, and visualize a
diverse set of data ranging from neural signal recordings to brain
histology images to microfabrication manufacturing data. As a
member of our team, you will have the opportunity to own projects
that drive engineering and experimentation at Neuralink. About
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and
defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about
problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what
matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to
work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical,
materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are
comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too
small. Key qualifications:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with data engineering - ETL Pipelines, Data Lakes,
Database Management, etc. Preferred qualifications:
- Experience with Apache Spark or other distributed compute
- Experience building and shipping production-grade ETL
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools (e.g. Apache
Airflow, AWS Step Functions)
- Experience building Infrastructure for machine learning
pipelines What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the
smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO
plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided. Neuralink provides equal opportunity in all of
our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic
information or any other category protected by federal, state and
local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment
relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation,
promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from
layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such
employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating
on any prohibited basis.
Keywords: Neuralink, Austin , Software Engineer, Data Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!