Senior Java Engineer
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company
they love. We're transforming the workplace experience through the
power of transparency . As the worldwide leader in employer
branding and insights, our vision is for a world where transparency
empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better
Please note this role is open to remote hiring. Our main office
locations are in San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL and Uniontown,
About the Team
As a Senior Software Engineer for Glassdoor's Traffic and Growth
team, you will be working on features that help millions of job
seekers discover Glassdoor on their path towards finding a company
and job that they love. The Traffic team has a variety of
responsibilities, including working closely with our Search Engine
Optimization ("SEO") team to develop new initiatives, working
closely with our Marketing team to launch new marketing campaigns
to millions of people around the world like our annual "Best Places
to Work" award, and working horizontally with many engineering
teams to ensure that their site pages are discoverable by web
crawlers with the right set of SEO metadata.
Compensation: $128,000 - $160,000
*At Glassdoor, operating transparently is at the heart of
everything we do. That's why we let job seekers know that salary
ranges may differ for jobs depending on where these positions are
filled. It's no secret that the cost of living and other economic
considerations vary widely across the country and the world.
At Glassdoor we utilize a "tier" system to promote consistency in
level of compensation for where roles are filled in different
locations. The tiers are as follows:
- Tier 1 encompasses the highest salary range for states where
large metropolitan areas are located (ie: San Francisco, New York
City, Washington DC, & etc)
- Tier 2 encompasses salary ranges 15% less than those in Tier 1
for states with mid-sized cities (ie: Chicago, Dallas, Portland,
- Tier 3 encompasses salary ranges 20% less than those in Tier 1
for states with smaller
- cities (including our Ohio office, Nevada, etc)
You can learn more about our compensation philosophy here and see
salary ranges for all Glassdoor jobs here .
What You'll Do:
- You are passionate about development and have a strong
background in building dynamic high-volume, distributed systems in
Java using an Agile methodology.
- You enjoy brainstorming and architecture design discussions
with your team members in addition to spending a good amount of
your time coding high-priority initiatives.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and
enjoy giving thoughtful feedback on things like pull requests and
- You enjoy working closely with partners in different fields
(front end engineering, devops, product, and SEO ops) during the
software development process.
- You recognize the value of shipping, and are able to make good
trade-offs in order to get something in the hands of
- You understand the value of testing, and make good decisions
about what to test when building software.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years building high-quality, secure services for
- Experience with Java or a JVM language like Kotlin.
- Experience with Spring or another dependency injection
- Experience with databases like Postgres, MSSQL, or MySQL.
- Experience designing and building RESTful or GraphQL APIs.
- Experience building products and services in an agile
- Effective written and verbal communicator.
- A strong desire and ability to add to our culture of diversity,
equity, and inclusion
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a technical field
(Engineering, Math, etc), or equivalent work experience.
For more information about some of the exciting technology work
being done at Glassdoor, check out our Engineering Blog !
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80%
- Equity Incentives in our parent company's ADR (Recruit
Holdings, Stock ID: 6098T).
- Annual 10% bonus aligning with bi-annual performance
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your
- Generous paid holidays and open paid time off.
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information -
the good and the bad - so we can continuously learn, collaborate
and make the right decisions. Pay bands , our compensation
philosophy, and employee feedback survey responses are shared
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to
further Glassdoor's mission. We forge our own path by challenging
the status quo. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we
operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and
compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive,
fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing,
- GRIT: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see
challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come
together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building
a company that is more diverse and representative of society at
large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion
report and information about our employee population to hold
ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs
and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all
aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex,
marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity,
sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other
category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity
employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an
environment free from discrimination, harassment, and
Keywords: Glassdoor, Austin , Senior Java Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!