Senior Software Engineer- API
Company: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
HIRING ALERT: We're hiring in-store shoppers near you! Flexible
scheduling, at least $15/hr minimum starting pay and quick hiring
process. -- Learn More> > > Location Austin, Texas, United
States of America Global Support Job DescriptionThe Whole Foods
Market Retail team is at the center of the store retail technology
and builds and supports systems that directly connect with our
customers. We have embarked on transformational initiatives that
will deliver market leading capabilities to Whole Foods Market and
redefine our customer experience.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer - AWS, you will play a
pivotal role in designing, building and testing new and innovative
solutions. Your work will be a central function in our initiatives,
and you will work alongside application Architects, Product Owners
and Development teams across Whole Foods and Amazon to help
redefine the industry and make a positive impact for our
If you have a passion for developing high-quality, scalable
software solutions, then please keep reading.Responsibilities:
- Impacts software design, code quality, CX, and maintainability
of a product or product features.
- Drives operational excellence.
- Automates team development, test, and operational
- Improves the speed of delivery.
- Independently invents, designs and builds stable and performant
- Writes code that SDEs unfamiliar with the system can
- Leverages knowledge of a broad range of design approaches to
determine when to use them (or not).
- Considers code's legacy, limiting the use of short-term
- Is judicious about adding dependencies; efficient with
resources: hardware, database, memory/CPU, etc.
- Participates in code reviews, design discussions, team
planning, and metrics reviews
- Develops software enhancements that improve team software and
- Mentors fellow Team Members in software and application
development best practices and methods.
- Works with peers and business partners to document business
processes and information technology requirements, analyze
requirements, and prepare functional and technical
- Develops, revises, and approves quality assurance and testing
policies, standards, and procedures.
- Provides second level support of existing and new applications.
Assist in troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues and
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience developing and delivering Amazon Web
Services (AWS) solutions
- 3+ years working with Web Services, REST API and Microservices
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) services
including Gateway API, Lambda, Cloud Formation and implementing
products that scale
- Proficient in a broad range of design approaches and know when
it is appropriate to use them (and when it is not).
- Has demonstrated experience solving difficult technical
problems in medium-to-large software projects.
- Has demonstrated strong code writing ability across several
platforms, environments, and/or programming languages.
- Has demonstrated knowledge of relational databases (SQL).
- Has demonstrated knowledge of relational and NoSQL
- Has demonstrated knowledge of software test automation.
- Has demonstrated knowledge of application CI/CD pipelines:
infrastructure as code, integration testing, automated deployment
- Working knowledge of performance and load testing
- Working knowledge of operational procedures such as monitoring,
logging and alerting
- A Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS) STEM degree or equivalent
experiencePreference given to those with the following:
- Strong preference given if the CI/CD pipeline is using
CodePipeline, CodeBuild and CodeDeploy
- Understanding of current API security patterns such as OAuth2
and OpenID connect
- Working knowledge of governance and compliance including
PCI/SOX Location & TravelLocated in Austin, TX with up to 20% time
spent traveling to software partner, regional offices and/or store
locations.About UsWe offer great benefits and a friendly work
atmosphere with open books, open doors, and open people. We also
encourage you to have a life! That's why our team members have
chosen us as one of FORTUNE-- magazine's "100 Best Companies to
Work For" every year since the list began in 1998.Whole Foods
Market is the world's leading natural and organic foods supermarket
retailer. Our philosophy is to satisfy and delight our customers -
and to support Team Member happiness and excellence. Why? We
believe that each and every team member is a valued contributor. At
Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment
opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status,
disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole
Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on
qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Real benefits go beyond what you'd expect. We call ours "Whole
Benefits," and they cover Physical, Mental, and Financial health.
Here are a few of the perks you can expect in these areas. We offer
access to health insurance for all full-time Team Members to keep
you feeling great. 20% In-Store Discount Our most famous benefit,
every Team Member gets a 20% in-store discount on your favorite
products. Plus, after six months, you have the opportunity to
increase that discount up to 30%. PTO Cash-Out Once per year,
eligible US Team Members can take 100% of unused PTO hours and
convert them into pay Total Health Immersions Four times a year, we
send select Team Members to a week-long health getaway to help
create and sustain healthy lifestyle changes. We pay 100% of the
costs and even 50% of your spouse's costs if they want to join.
Whole Planet Foundation Team Member Volunteer Program Eligible Team
Members can travel for 2-3 weeks to the communities where Whole
Foods Market sources products and funds microcredit clients through
its Whole Planet Foundation. Career Learning and Development Better
yourself as you better us. We give you comprehensive training,
programs and clear career paths to help you grow. Our Core Values
Our core values have guided us since Day 1. We live them every day,
and they've helped make us who we are today. We Sell the Highest
Quality Natural and Organic Foods We Satisfy and Delight our
Customers We Promote Team Member Growth and Happiness We Create
Profits and Prosperity We Care About our Communities and the
Environment We Practice Win-Win Partnership with our Suppliers Sign
up for Job Alerts Not seeing a fit? Sign up for job alerts and
we'll notify you the moment a new job you want is posted. How would
you rate your experience popup "Whole Foods Market" is a registered
trademark of Whole Foods Market IP, L.P.
Keywords: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P., Austin , Senior Software Engineer- API, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!