System Administrator, Senior
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Job #: R-00052685
Location: Austin, TX
Category: Systems Administration
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: No
Potential for Telework: Yes, 100%
Clearance: Public Trust
Referral Eligibility : Ineligible
Group: Health Description Job Description:Leidos is searching for a
Systems Administrator, Senior supporting our team at the Austin
Information Technology Center (AITC). This position is remote.--A
Senior System Administrator has the thorough knowledge to create
plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance
of systems and/or networks. Manages teams of system admins and is
able to prioritize work and identify high-risk critical problems
and dedicate appropriate resources. Has extensive knowledge of a
wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high
availability systems. JOB DESCRIPTION: The Contractor shall provide
operating system administration for the current MS supported
Windows Operating Systems (OS) including the related software such
as Internet Information Services (IIS) with each OS. The Contractor
shall provide basic system administration activities and immediate
troubleshooting efforts when contacted by the National Service Desk
(NSD) to ensure outages or incidents have been identified and are
pending resolution within 24 hours for 2000+ Windows servers.In
support of OS system administration support the Contractor
- Use automated TRM approved provisioning tools (Orchestra or
equivalent) to install operating systems on virtual servers.
- Follow existing SOPs
- Configure system and file systems in accordance with SOPs.
- Configure and implement backup client software.
- Install layered systems software, such as IIS, .Net, MS-SQL,
Apache, Web Logic, Oracle Client, per instructions in SOPs.
- Maintain existing operating systems.
- Patch OS on a monthly cycle with defined patch set per
- Monitor and maintain adequate file system space for the
operating system and application files.
- Administer service accounts and passwords.
- Monitor logs and system error logs. Remediate where skilled;
elevate to more experienced administrators where necessary.
- Implement security hardening requirements and configurations
per from VA counterpart instructions outlined in Service Requests
and Change Orders.
- Troubleshoot incidents and problems.
- Participate in troubleshooting / fault isolation teams to
determine problem or issue.
- Work with other support Contractor maintenance/support's lines
and open a case after 30 minutes of researching problems without
success in resolving the issue, and engage more experienced system
administrators to review situation.
- Correct OS related incidents and problems during coordinated
maintenance windows based on instructions defined in ticket and
- Support general activities.
- Perform work tasks as instructed within CA's SDM change orders,
service requests, incident and/or problem tickets.
- Communicate to project managers, team members, other technical
administrators and/or end users the status of work performed and
findings with tickets, incidents, and problems.
- Use administrative tools such as Microsoft System Center
Operations Manager (SCOM) and Microsoft System Center Configuration
Manager (SCCM) for monitoring and administering Windows servers.
- Support alternate shifts to include swing and mid shifts, and,
if appropriate, ensure that respective
- Contractor shifts and Government shifts are aligned. Swing
shift begins mid-afternoon and mid
- shift begins around midnight.
- The Contractor shall also:
- Monitor and maintain monthly patching using various system and
app logs. Use automated tools for checking on patch status per
- Provide first and second responder action as defined in support
SOPs for email and service desk alerts regarding system performance
- Perform a visual check of all hardware components monitoring
fault indicator lights and area temperature once nightly.
- Mid shift shall provide an email at the end of their shift sent
to the Windows Team Leads defining any problems, incidents, or
major activities that occurred through the night.--Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering
or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required with 5
years of experience. 8 additional years of relevant experience may
be substituted for degree.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance -
- Experience as a Windows System Administraton
- Experience with administrative tools such as Microsoft System
Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and Microsoft System Center
Configuration Manager (SCCM) for monitoring and administering
- Experience with layered systems software, such as IIS, .Net,
MS-SQL, Apache, Web Logic, Oracle Client, per instructions in
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Highly motivated to learn new technology.
- Interpersonal skillsExternal Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential
for Telework:Yes, 100%Clearance Level Required:Public
TrustTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition
Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems AdministrationPay Range:
About LeidosLeidos is a Fortune 500 -- --information technology,
engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to
solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence,
homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000
employees support vital missions for government and commercial
customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual
revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended
January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com . Pay
and BenefitsPay and benefits are fundamental to any career
decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect
the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment
benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness
programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More
details are available here .Securing Your DataLeidos will never ask
you to provide payment-related information at any part of the
employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with
you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email
address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that
asks for payment-related information or any other personal
information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
.Commitment to DiversityAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, race,
ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information,
pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic
partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with relevant laws. Description Job
Description:Leidos currently has an... Description Job
Description:Leidos currently has an... Join our Talent Community to
create a profile, enabling a streamlined application process and to
help our recruiters better understand your areas of expertise and
interest. Contact us about product information and pricing,
customer feedback, stockholder services, or just to voice a
Keywords: Leidos, Austin , System Administrator, Senior, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!