Lead Software Developer (Chicago/Reno/Austin
Company: Everi Holdings Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Lead Software Developer (Chicago/Reno/Austin) This is a lead
game developer who will get to make fun innovative video and
mechanical games for casinos. You will be both an individual
contributor and help lead other developers/help with managerial
Games usually take months to complete, not years, and with a
variety of innovative projects you sometimes brainstorm with other
studios and technology groups, this creates fantastic growth
opportunities. We are proud of our supportive, relaxed, non-crunch
work culture and always try to have fun team events and take
surveys to make sure we're always listening and improving-- Key
- This role is a mixture of development and leadership, about
50/50. The leadership part is both technical and managerial in
- Spend time mentoring people, give best practices, and
coordinate with the group's director for resource allocation,
status updates, and career progression of more junior
- Work closely with Mathematicians, Artists, Audio Engineers,
Designers, and Producers to create slot machine games that are
delivered to the casino floor.
- Create and modify gaming software applications by applying
fundamental computer science techniques.
- Create shareable libraries to improve effectiveness and
efficiency for the software development groups.
- Participate in code validation and code reviews, perform unit
tests, and other automated testing techniques. Skills, Knowledge, &
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science,
or relevant gaming industry experience.
- 6+ years of development experience.--
- Lead experience - in both technical and managerial.--
- Passion for creating and playing games.
- Design pattern knowledge.
- One or more of the nice to have's below. Nice to haves:--
- Experience in the console gaming industry is a huge plus
(PlayStation, XBOX, etc.)--
- Unity experience What's in it for you?
- Gaming industry development without the worry about long,
arduous hours involved with game releases (translation: work-life
- Fast-paced development cycle, work on multiple different game
projects in a year.
- Be part of a growing, on-the-rise company in the slot
- Be part of our Unity rollout!
- Be part of building something from scratch.
- Enjoyable team dynamics, collaborative environment, and
opportunity for growth.
- Discretionary PTO - the perfect way to prevent burnout and
- Flexible on remote work near gaming studio About Everi We Are
Everi is a diverse collection of brilliant and talented individuals
committed to giving patrons and operators alike a premium
experience on the casino floor.
We are accountants and artists, engineers and visionaries. We
dream, design, program, and build. We listen, help, and serve.
We believe in the values of Transparency, Collaboration, Passion,
Integrity, Strength, Innovation, Inspiration, and Quality.
Not quite right? Register your interest to be notified of any roles
that come along that meet your criteria.
Keywords: Everi Holdings Inc., Austin , Lead Software Developer (Chicago/Reno/Austin, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!