Sr. Software Engineer, Mobile
Company: Bright Health
Posted on: February 22, 2021
"Making Healthcare Right. Together." is the cornerstone of all
we do. Our vision is to deliver the best healthcare experience by
putting brilliant minds, empathetic hearts and personalized
technology to work to create meaningful relationships between our
members and Care Partners. To successfully achieve our mission and
vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we
expect Bright People to embody and uphold our core values in work
and interactions, both internal and external: Be Purposeful, Be
Authentic, Be Brave, Be Positive, Be Respectful, and Be
Accountable. We are in search Mobile Software Engineers of all
levels here at Bright Health! In this role, you will be playing an
important role in helping to define and build Bright's mobile
strategy that will span across multiple functional zones
potentially reaching out to millions of users. You will be
instrumental in delivering the mobile app that will debut the new
consumer focused Bright Health. We are hiring Mid to Lead level
roles. If you have at last 2 full years (or more) of
hands-on-keyboard experience, in a production environment, we'd
love to chat with you! YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate directly with product managers, UX researchers, and
designers to define and implement solutions for our digital
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of
mobile applications related to the healthcare insurance
- Contribute to all aspects of the product stack.
- Build the development of integrations with outside/third-party
systems as needed.
- Collaborate with teammates on technical design, work
estimation, and implementation of new features.
- Stay on top of bug and task management using JIRA or
- Lead and contribute to the continuous improvement of the team's
productivity, culture, and code quality.
- Review team member's code to identify and remediate bugs
- Create documentation and processes for teaching or lead
learning sessions with other engineers as needed.
- Act as a knowledge base for other engineers.
- Mentor engineers at all levels of their careers to improve
skills, code quality, and best practices. EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND
- 2 to 8 years in mobile development
- At least 2 years experience with in an iOS and/or android
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Expertise in developing mobile applications
- Experience building applications in the cloud, bonus points for
- Experience scaling applications from prototype to tens of
thousands of daily active users
- Experience implementing Continuous Deployment patterns
- Experience supporting the applications you have built
- You love learning, you love teaching
- You are constantly growing your own knowledge and helping to
grow the knowledge of others
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and roles, and titles are not
important to you
- You enjoy doing it right first time and utilize tools &
techniques to constantly excel in what you work to deliver it on
- You do top-quality work, manage quality, and make everything
you touch better
- You are comfortable working under strict confidentiality
agreements and often behind the-scenes
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well
- You are able to not only work alone, but also communicate
within a team by sending updates, tracking time, and other forms of
communication while you work The Consumer Platform Team here at
Bright is creating the most remarkable healthcare technology that
places power and results back into the hands of the patient. We are
a team that is constantly optimizing to improve results. We're
doers who love getting into the weeds to solve problems for
ourselves and our community of members. Titles don't matter.
Results and ambition do. There is no bureaucracy or red tape. We
are insanely biased toward action, led by data and problem solving.
--We're Making Healthcare Right. Together.-- We've won some fun
awards like:--Great Places to Work ,--Modern Healthcare ,--Forbes ,
etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really
dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse
employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our
consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Bright Health, Austin , Sr. Software Engineer, Mobile, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!