Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Why is this role important?
Backend engineers are responsible for building and maintaining
robust, scalable integrations, APIs, and infrastructure across our
product lines. The person in this role will work on an interesting
mixture of Product-led and Engineering-led projects, helping to
enhance our real-time communications application and our
back-office suite of therapist tools.
DevOps engineers work to build and maintain the infrastructure,
processes, and culture that empowers our engineers. We use
technologies like Kubernetes and Terraform, manage a wide AWS
infrastructure, and employ practices like ChatOps and CI/CD. The
ideal candidate will have a love of both Backend and DevOps
technologies, equally at home adding models/logic in Django and
GraphQL, analyzing data with SQL, writing code to manage files in
S3, andinvestigating issues in E2 instances.
What will you do at PresenceLearning?
- Reinforce an open, compassionate, collaborative, and diverse
- Design, architect, and develop backend systems including large
scale integrations and APIs
- Use experimentation methods and tests to help optimize key user
- Build complex, resilient systems, and troubleshoot/prevent
problems as they arise
What are we looking for?
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- 7+ years of expertise in software engineering with a modern web
framework (Django preferred)
- 5+ years experience working in Linux environments
- Significant understanding of object-oriented programming, data
structures, algorithms, design
- patterns, code optimization, unit testing, debugging,
continuous delivery, and version control
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL
- Experience with REST and GraphQL
- Experience with Bash/Shell/Command Line, Linux, and AWS
- Experience with containerization/container orchestration
software (Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.)
- Work well autonomously, and in a cross-functional team
- Passion for bringing the team along with you and making each
member more effective through
- mentoring, coaching, and peer review
- A startup-person: hands-on, proactive, sees their role as more
than just a job
Where is this position located?---
- PresenceLearning is seeking a Software Engineer who will report
to the CTO.
- PresenceLearning has offices in New York, Salt Lake City and
- We also support remote work from other locations, provided that
the candidate is able to travel to our core locations as
Keywords: PresenceLearning, Austin , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!