Company: Nomi Health
Posted on: February 19, 2021
WHO ARE WE?
Nomi Health is the modern payment system for employee healthcare.
We sidestep the middlemen, and connect employers providers and
families directly at scale to cut healthcare costs by 30% across
America. We will do this by eliminating high cost "out of network"
charges, making the process all digital with easy access to real
data and understandable actions.
WHAT IS A DAY IN THE LIFE?
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the programming language
of Clojure to create solutions that will help make a difference in
the healthcare system. You will assist us with design, development
and installation of software solutions. Your duties will include
development, writing code, and documenting functionality using Java
You will work closely with our founders, engineering team and other
key leaders to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing
software in compliance with coding standards and technical design
for a modern software payment application system for employee
healthcare, doctors and patients. Traditional health insurers have
been around for nearly a century and take more of your money than
to your care. Your job will be to help fix this problem.
30% of the dollars spent in healthcare don't go to care, but to the
insurance behemoths and middlemen in between. Ultimately, you will
make the Nomi Health product user-friendly and intuitive to attract
and retain doctors and patients/employees and save people
With that, you'll contribute to a compelling need to making
healthcare digital with easy access to real data and understandable
actions and costs.
OK, HOW ABOUT A FEW SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Participate in full lifecycle software development
- Produce quality code from specifications and technical
- Create code with robust, automated unit test
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software
- Participate in team agile processes, including backlog
grooming, sprint planning and iteration demos.
WHAT TYPE OF THINGS WILL HELP ME THRIVE IN THIS ROLE?
- 4-5 years experience of working as a Computer Software Engineer
or Software Developer using Go as the programming language or a
strong desire to learn Go
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, NoSQL or a Transactional
Database such as Datomic Cloud
- Familiarity with event systems using Kafka, Rabbit MQ, or
- Working knowledge of AWS components including Lambda
- Good experience in designing high capacity applications and
with test-driven development
- 1-2 years of experience developing software in Python, Java, C,
C++, C#, Clojure or other selected languages
- Experience in documenting requirements and specifications
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software
development methodology and release processes
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering OR equivalent
- Belief that this American healthcare system can be transformed
and medical providers will be at the core
- Contagious passion and belief in what we do
- Knowledge that we succeed and fail as a team
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k with match, Commuter benefits with
Great Pay, plus Equity.
Keywords: Nomi Health, Austin , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!