Manager, Technology Systems
Company: Capital Metro
Posted on: January 9, 2021
The Manager, Technology Systems reports to the Director of
Enterprise Application and Data Services. This position is
responsible for directing technical staff and the management of
technology systems including installation, upgrades, support, as
well as performance monitoring and system tuning. This position
will work closely with users and understand the business
implications of Capital Metro's technology systems. This role will
provide customer focused service and build positive and
constructive relationships with stakeholders and customers, by
understanding their needs, problems, and providing timely
communication and service.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage technology systems team in daily support of systems,
configuration and administration, upgrades, software patches,
testing, troubleshooting, and monitoring.
- Manage the budget, financial tracking, reconciliation and
invoicing of technology systems and projects assigned.
- Manage teamwork assignments, motivation, ensure accountability,
adherence to schedules and timelines.
- Monitor and track compliance to IT incident tracking system to
ensure compliance to service level agreements (SLAs), quick
resolution of problems and communicate with users on resolution and
follow up activities as appropriate.
- Manage the training and growth of the team to ensure cross
functional knowledge of all systems.
- Serve as an Action Officer for external customer call
resolution, if required. Ensure that customer feedback reports are
reviewed and work with the IT group to resolve & respond to
- Partner with Capital Metro departments to plan, develop,
implement, support, monitor and evaluate Transit and/or Enterprise
technology solutions to meet business requirements or to improve
- Partner with stakeholders to undertake full IT ownership of the
systems and projects assigned and become proficient in technical
and functional aspects of these systems.
- Provide technical management of projects. Successfully manage
tasks or projects as assigned. Work with technology vendors and
implementation partners to implement technical solutions.
- Manage preparation of documents necessary to procure required
systems, licenses, maintenance, and support. Ensure any renewals
are completed before expiration and Capital Metro is compliant with
any vendor licensing requirements.
- Manage the development and updates to technical and/or user
documentation. Direct and manage training users on systems and
processes. Encourage system use and adoption with the business
areas. Act as an advocate and advisor for the application of
technology solutions to the agency.
- Provide management oversight in proactively setting up and
managing systems in excellent working condition through
implementation and monitoring of alerts, regular maintenance
activities, performance tuning, software updates and patches. Work
with internal IT teams and technology vendors to ensure all systems
are available and secure on a 24 by 7 basis.
- Manage efforts in system security by ensuring compliance to
security standards and policies, monitoring access privileges,
conducting risk assessments, investigation of suspicious
activities, and remediation of identified security threats or
- Manage documenting of test cases and performing comprehensive
testing during implementation and upgrades.
- Manage the planning and undertaking of periodic risk analysis
of systems and mitigate risks wherever possible. Manage the
planning and testing of disaster recovery. Manage implementing,
monitoring and verifying backups. Manage resolving issues.
- Follow change management and change control processes to plan
and deploy system changes. Perform change-impact analysis.
Communicate changes to stakeholders and IT.
- Research, develop and implement IT standards and best practice
policies and procedures.
- Provide periodic reports to management.
- Ensure a positive safety culture is maintained by supporting
the health, safety, and security of employees within the
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned in support of
the Capital Metro Strategic Goals and the IT Vision, Mission, and
Objectives aligned to these goals.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Additional experience may substitute for degree on a year for year
basis up to four years.
- Six (6) years progressively responsible experience in
information technology as a technical lead supporting large,
complex enterprise application systems.
- Four (4) years of direct supervisory experience managing an
information technology team.
- Three (3) years of experience as a project manager in
implementing large, complex technology systems.
- Experienced in two or more of the following enterprise systems:
CRM, ERP, Web Content management, Enterprise Asset Management, Data
warehouse or other Enterprise Systems, Microsoft platform
development technologies, SQL Server Database and/or Transportation
- Experience with direct end user support in a customer service
role. Demonstrated dedication to customer service.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- Excellent organization abilities, analytical skills and
communication skills including the ability to effectively
communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Be self-motivated and seek opportunities for continuous
improvement of IT Skills and processes. Be a catalyst and a willing
participant of organizational changes.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a matrix organization,
partnering well with employees, management, users, vendors,
contractors and undertake duties and tasks as assigned without
- Ability to be a positive and constructive contributor in a
- Knowledge of Information System Implementation Lifecycle
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and diverse
groups of people and activities simultaneously
- Advanced training in project management certification as a
Project Management Professions (PMP) by the Project Management
- Proficiency using Project Management software tools.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.CAPITAL METRO IS AN EQUAL
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERLOCATION:2910 E 5th StreetAustin,
Texas, 78702United StatesSALARY RANGE - 94,497.00 - 122,846.00 -
Keywords: Capital Metro, Austin , Manager, Technology Systems, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!