Network Developer II - Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: January 9, 2021
At a glance:
- Are you a detail-oriented network developer knowledgeable about
service engine platform enhancements and maintenance?
- Can you commit to a technical position guiding all aspects of
complex, client-focused projects?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?Our company:At Spectrum
Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that
encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We
promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity,
innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client
expectations.Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications,
Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology
solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications
service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes
networking and managed services solutions: Internet access,
Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum
Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with
clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions
designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about
Spectrum Enterprise can be found at
enterprise.spectrum.com.Highlights:You propel growth and enhance
the client experience by ensuring efficient and reliable service
engine platforms. As a Network Developer II, you have a deep
understanding of the needs, challenges and concerns of enterprise
clients. You excel at empowering our clients by developing,
deploying and testing network upgrades and plugins. You combine
your expertise and understanding of company objectives to develop
microservices, applications, end-user interfaces, service templates
and resource adapters. You have an aptitude for overcoming
obstacles to see that complex technical projects are completed on
time and cost-effectively. You excel at developing multiple network
enhancements simultaneously from an office position for clients
across the organization. You report to the Manager of Network
Development for goals, guidance and assistance.Position benefits:
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Encourage company-wide excellence through active and consistent
support of all efforts to simplify and enhance the client
- Improve our quality assurance bar through the testing of new
services and resource adapters for functionality using our testing
framework and adding new test cases to the test suite.
- Define the services that we provide to clients, such as Fiber
Internet Access and Eline through the development of microservices,
application programming interfaces (APIs) and service
- Ensure continuous client services by coding resource adapters
that act as firmware drivers to the network devices, such as Cisco,
Juniper, ADVA and Rad.
- Enhance efficiency through regular check-ins and code reviews
of our GIT source control repositories.
- Spearhead project implementation by deploying code to our
development, quality assurance,
- staging and production servers using our continuous integration
and deployment pipeline platform.
- Proactively contribute to project development through a deep
understanding of Agile sprints, standups, retrospectives and
planning sessions.Required keys for success:
- Two years of software development experience.
- Two years of experience in network engineering.
- Knowledge of Ethernet, internet protocol (IP) and time-division
multiplexing (TDM) based networks and architectures.
- Experienced in routing protocols, network topologies, Metro
Ethernet Forum (MEF), technical specifications and command line
- Advanced development skills in Python, Git Source Control,
Jenkins CI/CD, SQL, Web Services, MuleSoft and Docker.
- History of working with scaled Agile framework, roles and
- Proven track record managing and executing multiple, critical
- Proficient in the software lifecycle and industry best
practices for software development.
- Analytical, organizational, business planning, forecasting and
issue resolution skills.
- Client-focused and service-oriented with the ability to analyze
data and develop and present data-driven reports.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.How you will stand out from the
- Two years of scaled Agile framework experience.
- Experience in network service orchestration.Your education:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or a
related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training
and experience (required).
- Metro Ethernet Forum Carrier Ethernet certified professional
(MEF CECP), Metro Ethernet Forum network foundations (MEF NF),
Metro Ethernet Forum software-defined network and network functions
virtualization (MEF SDN-NFV) (preferred).
- Cisco certified internet expert (CCIE), Juniper network
certified internet specialist (JNCIS) or ONF software-defined
network engineer certification (preferred).For more information on
Spectrum's benefits, please click here.
Keywords: Spectrum, Austin , Network Developer II - Spectrum Enterprise, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!