Intern - Validation Technology Engineer
Company: Cirrus Logic
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Cirrus Logic's Validation Technology team is focused on
developing the underlying test technologies that help Cirrus bring
leading edge Mixed Signal Audio chips to market. Cirrus Logic s
Audio chips enable an incredible audio experience with highly
integrated platform-level functionality in terms of performance
while delivering lowest power consumption and highest efficiency.
The team is focused on developing software tools and hardware
infrastructure for validation platforms and methodologies. Robust
hardware and software infrastructure are the foundation for a fast
paced and efficient validation environment.
* Develop automated FPGA build flows for various platform Xilinx
* Design and develop FPGAs for silicon/emulation validation
* Debug board issues and Validation software/hardware tools
* Develop Python software to characterize different test circuit
boards and qualify platform
* Create comprehensive documentation for tools, boards, FPGA
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Presently working towards BS/MS in Electrical or Computer
* Minimum junior-level undergraduate with Electrical or Computer
* Coursework or experience with software programming/scripting
languages, Python, C/C++, Java, C#
* Coursework or experience involving digital logic / RTL design
* Coursework or experience using FPGA design tools
* Use of lab equipment such as audio and logic analyzers, DMMs and
* Basic electrical engineering knowledge in analog, digital and
* Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills and
attention to detail are highly valued as you will need to
understand silicon, board and software interactions.
* Highly dynamic, energetic and driven personality with excellent
written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work
across functional groups and organization.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Experience with scripting languages such as Python or PERL
* Experience in working in a Linux environment
* Ability to read and understand board schematics
* Coursework or experience in embedded processor firmware
* Demonstrated aptitude in system understanding of various industry
interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, I2S, TDM or high-speed
control/data bus as examples.
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening
and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and
performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national
origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status,
sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Cirrus Logic, Austin , Intern - Validation Technology Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!