Lead SW Engineer Java/Hadoop-
Posted on: November 20, 2020
eBay is looking for a senior level Software Engineer with
JAVA/ML and Hadoop experience, location flexible in the US.
The eBay Engineering Ecosystem and Experience organization is
seeking a highly motivated Sr. MTS Software Engineer who is
interested in building systems to collect, process and provide
behavior analysis. If you are passionate and self-driven to build
great services and big-data driven platforms using Java, Hadoop,
Machine Learning, and Open source technologies, we want to talk to
As part of the Core Technology group, we are the team responsible
for building a phenomenal tech-led imagination of our platform and
capabilities that delights our internal and external developers to
build scalable solutions that the end customer loves. We are a data
driven agile team where developers influence the product roadmap
with their innovative ideas, work with product managers, architects
and developers across different domains in the buy and sell area as
well as with platform teams. We are looking for someone who takes
ownership and enjoys working with other Sr Architects and Engineers
to build and innovate on backend services, applications to power
eBays commerce experiences as well as 3rd party applications using
eBay public APIs, and mentor junior engineers.
You will have a tremendous opportunity to influence Business and
Product development teams and create a new innovative revenue
stream for eBay while you work with leading technology stacks. You
will apply your ecommerce knowledge and experience, and big data
analytics skills to derive meaningful insights.Primary Job
- Using your strong background in distributed systems, and
large-scale database systems you will:
- Craft solutions to innovate and build robust products and
utilities to provide behavior analysis for the eBay Developer
- Tackle challenging engineering problems with the volume of data
and provide insights through platform & service reporting,
correlate data to derive developer and application
- Apply your machine learning skills to build scalable and
easy-to-use machine learning workflows to analyze behavioral
patterns based on eBay API usage.
- Build scalable REST services and Public APIs.
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that
are appropriate for the business and technology
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving
- Lead technical design discussions and participate in code
- Master or bachelors degree in Computer Science with 15+ years
of work experience in software design and application
- 5+ years of crafting and implementing complex multi - tiered
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong proficiencies
in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Excellent Software development skills - Java/J2EE, XML, JSON,
Web/REST Services, Design Patterns.
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration
- Experience using Database Query Languages like SQL, Mongo,
- Experience using Hadoop and related tools such as Hive, Pig,
- Application behavioral and risk analysis experience.
- Agile methodologies experience.
- Kibana/Elasticsearch experience is a plus.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally
protected status. If you are unable to submit an application
because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability,
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to
respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law
Keywords: eBay, Austin , Lead SW Engineer Java/Hadoop-, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!