Senior CUDA Systems Software Engineer - Linux
Posted on: June 28, 2020
NVIDIA is searching for world-class software engineers to join
the CUDA driver team.
This team develops and supports NVIDIA's kernel device drivers for
supporting CUDA, especially on our Compute GPU product line-up. The
NVIDIA Data Center product line-up scales from single GPU add-in
cards to full system DGX products, all built on developing
technologies like PCI Express, NVLink, and NVSwitch. This work
includes design, development, verification and maintenance of new
software features, working with Architecture and hardware in
defining upcoming products and working with customers on
requirements and support.
What you'll be doing:
- As a Compute Systems Software Engineer at NVIDIA, you will work
on the kernel drivers for our Compute Professional Solutions
- Software design for the next generation Compute GPU
- Develop and maintain software features targeted at enabling and
supporting NVIDIA's GPU hardware:
- on the current and upcoming Linux and Windows based operating
- ensuring the best performance and feature set
- cross platform implementation
- Supporting new hardware architectures
- Working with other internal worldwide teams (software,
hardware, architecture, OEM support)
What we need to see:
- B.S. or M.S. equivalent in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years "hands on" experience developing low level device
drivers, especially for the Linux OS, or embedded firmware
- Strong software engineering skills combined with a drive to
solve hard problems are a must.
- Strong programming skills in C and C++.
- Detailed knowledge of operating system internals and various
device driver models.
- Requires low-level operating system knowledge, specifically
memory/resource/bus management, and hardware virtualization
- Strong English written and oral communication skills to
interface with other engineers (worldwide)
- A strong team player; self motivated and good attitude
- The candidate must be able to work independently with minimal
- Windows operating systems experience is a plus
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world's
most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking
and talented individuals in the world working for us. If you're
creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!
NVIDIA's invention of the GPU in 1999 sparked the growth of the PC
gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and
revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning
ignited modern AI - the next era of computing - with the GPU acting
as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can
perceive and understand the world. Today, we are increasingly known
as "the AI computing company." We're looking to grow our company,
and form teams with the smartest people in the world. Join us at
the forefront of technological advancement.NVIDIA is committed to
fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current
and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our
hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: NVIDIA, Austin , Senior CUDA Systems Software Engineer - Linux, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!