Senior Debugger Software Engineer - GPU
Posted on: June 27, 2020
Join the NVIDIA Developer Tools team and empower engineers
throughout the world developing groundbreaking products in
Automotive, VR, Gaming, Deep Learning, and High Performance
Computing. See your efforts in action as developers use your
products to debug, profile and analyze the performance of their
systems/applications. Watch with satisfaction as 3rd-party
developers use the debug API that you helped develop to create
custom debug tools to tackle complex customer debugging problems.
Innovate as you develop the debug and performance analysis
capability of future generations of NVIDIA GPUs. Be a part of the
team that brings new GPU technologies to market with sophisticated
simulation/emulation systems and be among the first to breathe life
into new silicon.
NVIDIA is looking for a senior software engineer to join our
efforts to advance our compute debugger products to the next level.
The position will be part of a dynamic, worldwide team that
develops and maintains a portfolio of debug tools and libraries
that are hosted and targeting OSes including Windows, Linux, and
other embedded system real time OSes (RTOS).
What you'll be doing:
You will apply your knowledge of debuggers, binary instrumentation
and computer architecture to enhance existing compute debugger
tools and libraries, and extend them to new use cases. You should
be comfortable working in C, C++ and assembly on a wide range of
supported platforms: Linux, Windows, and embedded real time OSes.
You should also be comfortable interacting with different user and
kernel mode driver teams, and have an eagerness to learn about new
compute and graphics drivers, GPU architectures and operating
- Develop the compute debugger tools for GPUs running on Linux,
Windows, and embedded operating systems.
- Work with tools, compiler, architecture and driver teams to
design, implement and verify new features in the compute debugger
and debug API.
- Work closely with internal and external partners including
other peer organizations within NVIDIA.
- Effectively estimate and prioritize tasks in order to create a
realistic delivery schedule.
- Write fast, effective, maintainable, reliable and
- Provide peer reviews to other engineers, including feedback on
performance, scalability and correctness.
- Document requirements and designs, and review documents with
teams throughout NVIDIA.
- Mentor junior engineers.
What we need to see:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 4 years of
- Strong programming ability in C, C++, Assembly Language and
- Excellent knowledge of computer architecture of x86 or ARM
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Familiar with low-level programming using assembly
- Source control understanding (git, Perforce, etc.).
- Ability to self-manage, communicate, and adapt in a fast paced,
high demand environment with changing priorities and
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- CUDA/OpenCL knowledge.
- Experience with code patching.
- ELF/DWARF knowledge.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world's
most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking
and hardworking people in the world working for us. If you're
creative, driven, and passionate about software tools, we want to
hear from you!NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work
environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we
highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do
not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices)
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: NVIDIA, Austin , Senior Debugger Software Engineer - GPU, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!