Posted on: May 16, 2020
Category (For Job Seekers)
13631 - ISS Austin Texas US - Austin, TX 78754 US (Primary)
Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated
manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing
segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS)
market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation
provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior
quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace,
industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia,
computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors.
Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key
regions throughout the world.
Plans numerical control program to control contour-path of
machining metal parts on automatic machines tools
NATURE OF DUTIES
* Write programs in the language of Master Cam and store programs
* Determine the sequence of machine operations, and select the
proper cutting tools needed to machine workpieces into the desired
* Revise programs to eliminate errors, and retest programs to check
that problems have been solved.
* Analyze job orders, drawings, blueprints, specifications, and
design data to calculate dimensions, tool selection, machine
speeds, and feed rates.
* Write instruction sheets and cutter lists for a machine's
controller to guide setup and encode numerical control tapes.
* Observe machines on trial runs or conduct computer simulations to
ensure that programs and machinery will function properly and
produce items that meet specifications.
* Enter computer commands to store or retrieve parts patterns,
graphic displays, or programs that transfer data to other
* Modify existing programs to enhance efficiency.
* Determine reference points, machine cutting paths, or hole
locations, and compute angular and linear dimensions, radius, and
* Compare computer printouts with original part specifications and
blueprints to verify the accuracy of instructions.
* Prepare geometric layouts from graphic displays, using
computer-assisted drafting software or drafting instruments and
* Draw machine tool paths on pattern film, using colored markers
and following guidelines for tool speed and efficiency.
* Enter coordinates of hole locations into program memories by
depressing pedals or buttons of programmers.
* Cooperate with the coordination and implementation of policies
and procedures to ensure safety and healthy working environment in
the manufacturing area in support of departmental and institutional
* Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Must have a high school diploma or GED
* Must have a minimum of 10 years experience as a CNC machinist
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to sure the
individual with disabilities to perform the essential
* Must have basic computer skills (Microsoft Suite and know how to
use a computer)
* Must have minimum of 10 years Master Cam CNC programming
* Must be able to program 5 axis lathe and mills
* Must have a good understanding of GD&T, all metals, and
* Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication
* Will type on a computer keyboard, use a computer mouse, and a
computer monitor for 8 hours a day
* Must be able to verbally communicate
* Must be able to observe and hear warning signs and signals within
all areas of the company.
* Ability to read and interpret training documents, safety rules,
and procedural documents
* The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas
to solve a problem
* The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to
produce answers that make sense.
* The ability to combine pieces of information to form general
rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among
seemingly unrelated events).
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job:
* Work is performed in a manufacturing environment
* The employee may be exposed to dust, oil, coolant, and noise
* The usual noise level in the work environment is moderate to
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
* Must be able to adapt to frequent changes to work processes
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Keywords: Sanmina-SCI, Austin , CNC Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!