Client Services Consultant - Mainframe Workload
Company: Broadcom Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2020
This position is responsible to provide subject-matter expertise,
thought leadership and solution/technical specialization within
and/or across Broadcom s mainframe products or solutions in a
manner that best positions Broadcom against our competition. The
building of customer, partner and prospect relationships to better
understand their business and IT challenges is absolutely critical
to the success of this position.
This position must be seen by the customer as bringing tangible
value in terms of experience, knowledge and expertise. This is
achieved through a combination of broad real-world experience and
IT industry-specific certifications. Overall, this position is
responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for
Broadcom measured across five primary areas:
* CUSTOMER FOCUS: Effectively and compellingly communicate
Broadcom's key capabilities to address customer and partner
* FINANCIAL TARGETS: Meet or exceed Broadcom's stated financial
quotas and targets
* INTERNAL BUSINESS PROCESSES: Demonstrate mastery with Broadcom's
internal processes, systems and support structure
* PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Demonstrate high-level proficiency and
* LEADERSHIP, TEAMWORK AND PLANNING: Collaborate with, and
effectively run virtual team(s)
* Assist the Broadcom Account Director, Solution Architect,
and/orPartner Account Director in technically qualifying solutions
and their benefits to customers and/or partners.
* Work closely with the account team and the customer or partner to
obtain a deep understanding of the customer's technology needs or
partner's offerings and architect a solution to meet them.
* Build relationships across customer's or partner's IT silos and
offerings to understand, build, document and share our knowledge of
their infrastructure, challenges and potential technical impact of
* Understand and act as a valued resource early and often within
the customer's decision- making process (e.g.: during the idea or
* Execute and/or coordinate complex product integration
demonstrations and proofs of concept, customizing the
demonstrations as necessary to address the customer's specific
needs and environment.
* Maintain a deep technical knowledge of the products developed by
the mainframe division of Broadcom.
* Provide technical specifications and requirements documentation
as necessary to support the proposed solution.
* Effectively position and present the benefits of Broadcom's
solutions and specifically how our solutions will support the
client's technical and functional requirements.
* Provide technical leadership and oversight during Trials,
Proof-of-Concept (POCs), complex demos, etc., as warranted.
* Ensure technical requirements required by the proposed solution
are clearly communicated to and understood by the client and meet
the client's expectations.
* Effectively communicate Broadcom's key competitive
differentiators, by solution as defined by Broadcom product
* Foster and build relationships with customers and partners to
* Strive to constantly improve the quality of all customer
* Directly assist account teams in achieving financial targets via
the opportunity planning process.
* Assist sales in accurately assessing and forecasting
* Evaluate alternative options to execute opportunities by the most
cost effective means without negatively impacting deliverable
quality or customer's perceptions.
* Ensure long-term stability and sustainability of
BROADOM'S INTERNAL BUSINESS PROCESSES
* Coordinate internal/external resources to effectively pursue
* Disseminate feedback to product management gained from client
experiences and issues to facilitate product improvements or
* Mastery of processes and tools for:
* Proposal Development
* Solution Architecture Overview
* Statement of Work (SOW) Development
* Need-based Sales Methodology
* Contribute constructive feedback for improvement and enhancement
of above processes.
* Assist in the Partner Enablement process (partner selection,
technical training and opportunity engagement).
* Marshal appropriate Broadcom resources to effectively execute
* Understand and adhere to compliance requirements and Code of
TYPICAL ROLE DEFINITION
Sr Professional Staff. A seasoned, experienced professional with a
full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range
of issues in creative ways. Complete understanding and wide
application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
General knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong competence
with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to
accomplish the job. Usually works with minimal supervision,
conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. May be assisted by
(and at times direct) less senior level employees. Requires daily
decision-making capabilities and actions that may not be reviewed
by superiors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity
and originality to solve. Contributes to moderately complex aspects
of a project. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of
their job. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of
data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. May play a role
in high-level projects that have an impact on the company s future
JOB-SPECIFIC AUTHORITY AND SCOPE
* Generally works without consulting their manager.
* Independent decisions are made daily.
* Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
* Development of solution strategies and selection of technical
* Resolution of daily issues as the arise and escalation of larger
* Advise and counsel to account teams and sales management
regarding solution approaches.
* Typically has no direct reports.
* Typically has no total staff.
* Typically has a geographic focus of Area (multi-country or
* Typically does not manage a budget.
BUSINESS TRAVEL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Business travel of as-much-as 75 or more percent yearly is expected
for this position.
* Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or a
Typically 7 or more years of detailed technical industry related
experience. Experience working with customers, sales personnel
and/or customer services. Experience in the related industry
disciplines and technologies and related application experience
(i.e. Microsoft Office as well as operating system administration).
Experience resolving more complex technical issues and integration
of multiple products to create solutions.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
KEY COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
* CUSTOMER FOCUS: Act in ways that demonstrate customer focus and
satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers,
identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and by
treating customers with dignity and respect.
* KNOWLEDGE AND APPLICATION OF BROADCOM'S SOLUTION SETS: Possess
in-depth knowledge and understanding of Broadcom's products and
range of solution sets, how to identify the best possible solutions
to meet customers' business needs and how to appropriately position
Broadcom solutions with customers.
* TERRITORY MANAGEMENT: Manage territory, considering each and all
accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts;
prioritize efforts; generate short term results while holding a
long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability.
Broadcom Inc. is committed to creating a diverse work environment
and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Broadcom Inc., Austin , Client Services Consultant - Mainframe Workload, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!