Sr. Staff Software Engineer
Company: Visa Inc.
Posted on: March 28, 2020
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's
mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable
and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and
economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network,
VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world,
and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a
second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid
growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of
a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from
analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people,
network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.At Visa, your
individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity
to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of
an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of
disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are
helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the
world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful
work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to
millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's
transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of our
Clearing and Settlement Product Development Team (in Network
Processing) to help design, enhance and build our Real-Time
Settlement application. You will work with colleagues closely in
order to create design documents, code, test, and implement new
features, as well as modifications, and corrections to existing
software. In this role you will provide technology leadership in
development of Business Enhancement projects by helping to drive
project planning, estimation, and technology planning.
- Collaborate with business units and technical staff to define
requirements/modifications for use in designing appropriate
- Take ownership and/or leads the engineering responsibility for
multiple components in a project.
- Coordinate engineering activities across the delivery of the
project and work with engineers to ensure they are delivering
quality and efficiently against project requirements.
- Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale
of effort required to develop solutions.
- Leads and/or supports both product and technical discussions
about how to apply existing and/or new technology in support of the
- Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document
and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as
enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing
- Build and maintain effective relationships across disciplines
in order to provide superior product support.
- Support and deliver on resulting initiatives from the Business
Plan and Technology strategy demonstrating re-use, eliminating
duplicative components, architectural design, and use of innovative
- Suggest and cultivate ideas on the extension of the current
systems to new products and services.
- Must be able to understand the positioning of a solution within
the company and to build consensus to effectively gain buy-in from
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements
to standards, processes and systems.
- Ability to provide rotational 24/7 on call support for problem
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at
least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g.
Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10
years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD,
MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 8+ years of experience in application development on MVS
- 8+ years of experience in developing electronic payment
- Well versed in and have a detailed understanding of the payment
- 8+ years of C, C++ and Assembler experience in the MVS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities
with minimal direction from management. Should possess excellent
planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big
picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical
- Good interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Work with stakeholders (business/product) and the architecture
and consulting group to develop and refine technical
- Establish a working relationship with other groups across the
organization to successfully implement business requirements while
applying the latest available tools and technology
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high-quality product that
meets technical requirements
- Clearly communicate to management on the status of projects or
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and
solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support
strategic organizational plan
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available
during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel
for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an
office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and
stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently
operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and
computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and
applicable local law.
Keywords: Visa Inc., Austin , Sr. Staff Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!