Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Cox Automotive is hiring an experienced Software Engineer to join
our vAuto group on the RRR&I team in Austin, TX.
- Clicking on the image above will take you to a Google Map with
our Cox Automotive, vAuto office location*
vAuto, Inc. is an industry leading innovator and provider of
automotive software solutions. Since the company was founded in
2005, vAuto has launched several first-in industry innovations,
including its current suite of solutions that deliver a better way
to price, appraise and stock pre-owned vehicles. We are a
fast-moving technology company specializing in web & mobile
application solutions for the Automotive Industry.
The RRR&I product team enables Cox Automotive business units to
access reliable and complete incentives data and metadata from a
single source, ensuring that the baseline rates, rebates, and
residuals data being used in a CAI products calculation of price or
payment is consistent across the portfolio. Were are building a new
team/group of highly skilled, highly motivated individuals that
would be implementing this new API layer product that would be
consumed by various dealer applications of Cox Automotive. Its not
all work though, and we know how to enjoy ourselves and kick back
during our down time with a game of Overwatch or Rockband.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing,
developing and implementing complex web applications and
Microservice based backend services for desktop and mobile devices.
In the role of Software Engineer, you will be expected to deliver
timely responses to production issues, taking ownership of
effectively seeing these issues through resolution. To be
successful in the role of Software Engineer you must be able to
work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced agile environment while
maintaining good communication with management and team
Technology We Use
C#, .NET, Microservices, REST API, SQL, NHibernate/Fluent
NHibernate, Cache frameworks like Memcached/Redis, ElasticSearch,
TeamCity, Design Patterns, Cucumber BDD/Selenium Testing
- Participate in the design of new programs or maintain existing
- Develop new programs or maintain existing programs based on
- Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs.
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking
responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
- Actively participate in agile team activities.
- For the assigned applications, functional areas or
- Develop and maintain thorough system knowledge.
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Participate in functional test planning and testing.
- Work with the team to maintain system quality.
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of
- Share knowledge by effectively documenting work.
- Minimum of 3+ years (post graduation) professional development
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work
experience in lieu of education.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in object oriented programming
(C#, Java, C++, Objective-C).
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience writing SQL
CRUD/Joins for SQL backed applications.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in C#.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in RESTful backend
What We Look For
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system
through iterative development
- Experience consuming and creating web services in a .NET
- Experience building and implementing scalable applications that
use modern design patterns and practices.
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Willingness to mentor Software Engineers.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier
for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global
companys 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including
Autotrader--, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com--, Dealertrack--,
Kelley Blue Book--, Manheim--, NextGear Capital--, VinSolutions--,
vAuto-- and Xtime--, are passionate about helping millions of car
shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five
continents and many others throughout the automotive industry
thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of
Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with
revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Austin , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!