Performance Advisor (Talent Development)
Company: City of Austin, TX
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Bookmark this Posting - Print Preview - Apply for this Job
Posting Title Performance Advisor (Talent Development) Job
Requisition Number COA087898 Position Number 104602 Job Type
Full-Time Division Name Talent Development Minimum
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
* Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four (4)
year college or university with major coursework in Human Resource
Development or related field, plus four (4) years of experience in
organizational development and training.
* Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of
four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
Who we are:
The Talent Development Division of the Austin Water Department is
responsible for driving the learning, development, leadership,
engagement, performance, and culture of the organization. We are a
dedicated team of high performers, and we work each day to inspire
people, develop employees, excel the workforce, and advance
innovation. We lead with authenticity and an equity lens, with the
intent to provide excellent employee experiences and foster a
culture of inclusiveness and transparency.
If the idea of being a positive influence on the future of a large
organization excites you, this may be the opportunity you're
looking for! The incumbent will partner closely at all levels of
our department to assess, develop, and deliver program support that
helps to engage our workforce and meet our future needs.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of health and welfare
benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time,
a highly competitive retirement plan, training opportunities and
more. Please click HERE for more information.
When completing a City of Austin employment application:
* Please be sure to detail on the application all previous
employment that you wish to be considered as part of your
* A detailed, complete employment application is required. It helps
us to better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to
determine salary if you are selected for this position. Be sure to
provide job titles and employment dates for all jobs you wish to be
* A resume is required but will not substitute for a complete
employment application. Please include contact information from
* A cover letter is also required. In the cover letter candidates
should describe, in concise detail, their interest in this position
and highlight any prior experience that is relevant to this
If you are selected to interview:
Candidates selected to interview will receive information and
instructions for preparing a short presentation to be given at the
time of the interview.
If you are selected for this position and meet the Driver Safety
Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program, you may
drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular
job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from
* All Austin Water employees are prohibited from accepting or
engaging in any secondary employment that might conflict or
interfere with an employee's duty and responsibility to the
* AW must review all secondary employment.
* Employees are required to submit a Secondary Employment
Application for review and approval upon being hired with AW, as
well as current AW employees considering Secondary employment.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
* Verification of your education (which may include high school
graduation or GED, undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be
required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited
organization/institution and proof of your professional licenses or
* If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military
or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior
to confirming a start date.
All Austin Water worksite locations are tobacco-free. Use of
tobacco products and/or e-cigarettes is not permitted on any AW
worksite including construction sites, parking lots, garages or in
any personal vehicle located on the premises.
$30.14 $37.68 per hour
* Monday Friday, 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
* This position supports 24/7 operations. A flexible hybrid
schedule, including teleworking, will be available as business
Job Close Date
01/18/2023 Type of Posting External Department Austin Water Utility
Regular/Temporary Regular Grant Funded or Pooled Position Not
Applicable Category Professional Location Waller Creek Center, 625
E. 10th St. Austin, TX 78701 Preferred Qualifications
* Experience designing and teaching curriculum.
* Experience developing and implementing employee development
and/or engagement programs.
* Experience facilitating and leading initiatives and improvement
* Experience in developing programs for a diverse workforce
including skills craft and support staff.
* Ability to travel to more than one work location.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties
may be assigned.
1. Consults with and coaches City and department executives and
managers on organizational development, organizational
restructuring, leadership, supervisory development, performance
measurement and evaluation.
2. Leads large cross-functional performance improvement projects
3. Leads Citywide and departmental needs assessments by conducting
research to identify organization development and performance
issues and makes recommendations to City leadership for process
improvements based on findings.
4. Leads, coaches, or partners with City leadership to address
identified development and performance issues.
5. Develops, designs, and implements performance improvement for
individual workgroups, departments and Citywide.
6. Develops and designs evaluation plans for organizational
development and performance interventions.
7 Coaches and trains others in the use of: strategic planning,
business planning, performance management systems, performance
measurement and evaluation, process improvement, learning and
8. Provides facilitation for City leadership by bringing structure
to meetings, coaching participants in their roles and
responsibilities so as to achieve defined stakeholder outcomes.
9. Delivers training using adult learning techniques to learners at
all levels of the organization.
10. Assists in resolving business process, employee performance,
employee development, and teamwork issues.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
* Lead multiple citywide initiatives and cross functional project
teams as project manager.
* Coach executives and managers in leadership effectiveness.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience
and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable
accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be
* Knowledge of public administration, adult learning principles,
instructional systems design.
* Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
* Skill in oral and written communication.
* Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
* Skill in planning and organizing.
* Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
* Skill in using computers and related software.
* Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
* Ability to facilitate.
* Ability to lead and train others.
* Ability to focus on results and help clients focus on
* Ability to look at situations systematically, including
environmental factors such as competing pressures, environmental
constraints, and potential change.
* Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with
other city employees and the public.
Criminal Background Investigation This position does not require a
Criminal Background Investigation EEO/ADA
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American
Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during
the application process or have a question regarding an essential
job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
The City of Austin will not discriminate against any applicant or
employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender
identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual
orientation. In addition, the City will not discriminate in
employment decisions on the basis of an individual's AIDS, AIDS
Related Complex, or HIV status; nor will the City discriminate
against individuals who are perceived to be at risk of HIV
infection, or who associate with individuals who are believed to be
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within the
department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and
preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* * This position requires graduation with a Bachelor's degree from
an accredited four (4) year college or university with major
coursework in Human Resource Development or related field, plus
four (4) years of experience in organizational development and
training. Experience may substitute for the education up to the
maximum of four (4) years. Do you meet these requirements?
* * How many years of experience do you have in Organizational
Development programs focused on employee development and
* Less than 2 years
* 2 - 4 years
* 4 - 6 years
* Over 6 years
* * Describe your experience designing and teaching curriculum.
Please refer to the positions in your application that support you
(Open Ended Question)
* * Describe your experience developing and implementing employee
development and/or engagement programs. Please indicate which
positions on your application support your answer.
(Open Ended Question)
* * Please describe your experience facilitating and leading
initiatives and improvement projects.
(Open Ended Question)
* * Describe your experience in developing programs for a diverse
workforce including skills craft and support staff.
(Open Ended Question)
* * Do you have the ability to travel to multiple sites as part of
the regular job duties?
* * Were you referred to this opportunity by an Austin Water
employee? If yes, please provide the employee's full name.
(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Documents
* Cover Letter
Keywords: City of Austin, TX, Austin , Performance Advisor (Talent Development), Human Resources , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!