Workday Senior Consultant - Payroll - Work from home (WFH) - U.S. Virtual
Company: Alight Solutions
Posted on: November 20, 2020
As a leading provider of human capital solutions, we help our
clients and their people navigate the complexity of health, wealth
and HR. We combine data-driven, consumer-centered technology with
personalized care and service to deliver a superior customer
experience. Our dedicated colleagues across 28 global centers help
23 million people and their 11 million family members simplify work
and life, both now and in the future. At Alight, we are reimagining
how people and organizations thrive.
AS A WORKDAY SENIOR CONSULTANT - PAYROLL, A TYPICAL DAY TO INCLUDE
Primarily responsible for ensuring timely and quality execution of
client deliverables and consulting with clients on Workday
projects. Possesses a broad understanding of cross functional
touchpoints and their impacts within the Workday system to
effectively develop solutions to complex problems/projects across
multiple domains or clients. Consults without supervision on
complex projects, and/or lead Medium Enterprise or Large Enterprise
projects depending on domain area(s) specialty. Participates in
client sales meetings as Subject Matter Expert.
* Independently consults with external clients and participates in
all stages of the Workday project lifecycle, from planning and
design phases through testing and deployment for the Workday
Payroll application by developing solutions to complex
problems/projects across multiple domains or clients.
* Effectively leads small to large client deliverables from start
to finish across multiple, concurrent projects utilizing Alight s
quality standards and consulting methodology.
* Integrates with other areas across Alight and functions to
provide a complete solution.
* Consults on impact of decisions to operating post-implementation
and downstream systems.
* Manages self and team member(s) work to project scope, timeline,
risk and budget.
* Coordinates with others when applicable.
* Listens to client request, assesses actual client need, provides
subjective matter expertise, proposes alternatives, and recommends
solution(s). Depending on scope of project, may coach team members
to execute same.
* Frequently discusses, and can articulate to clients, lessons
learned from previous client experience, Workday best practices as
well as Alight's Point of View. Depending on scope of project, may
coach team members to execute same.
* Manages client expectations.
* Proactively identifies trouble spots for client and recommends
* Significantly contributes to the development of internal
resources via mentoring, coaching, and directing work.
* Participates in and may lead internal business initiatives to
assist the organization in building our Alight brand and
collateral, including but not limited to internal domain groups,
chats and training.
* Demonstrates comprehensive understanding and champions project
methodology and Alight best practices.
* Participates in building the Alight Brand by participating in
Workday ecosystem product groups/chats and contributes advanced
thinking and sharing of ideas within the ecosystem.
* Becomes an expert in the Workday product suite with a broad-based
knowledge of human capital management or financials, while also
being able to architect solutions within specific area(s).
* Serves as Subject Matter Expert in functional/technical area.
* Develops working relationships with other members of project team
and management as well as external clients. Shares knowledge and
information through regular communications and facilitation.
* Uses strong presentation, communication, listening and
consultative skills to guide and drive discussions.
* Participates in client sales meetings, assisting with collateral
creation where needed.
* Creates work estimates and solutions for small to large bodies of
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE OF:
* 5 to 7 years of previous consulting experience implementing ERP
systems such as Workday, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, ADP or other SaaS
* Ability to be effectively and actively engaged on multiple,
* Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands with
* Demonstrates strong work ethics, setting an example for
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation
* Ability to travel up to 50%
* WORKDAY PAYROLL CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
* THIS OPPORTUNITY DOES NOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP
Bachelor s degree in Business, Math, Human Resources or related
discipline, or equivalent years of industry experience
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should
you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and
successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight s
employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of
the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN
validation, education verification, employment verification, and
criminal check, search against global sanctions and government
watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug
test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks
are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and
sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal
treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or
other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or
domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, or any other legally protected characteristics or
conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we
take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment
qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans
and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations
of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with
disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and
observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Applicants for employment may request a reasonable
accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing
education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other
entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or
purchasers of Alight business units.Alight Solutions provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or
domestic partner status, or any other status protected by
applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions
is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action
Keywords: Alight Solutions, Austin , Workday Senior Consultant - Payroll - Work from home (WFH) - U.S. Virtual, Human Resources , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!